Support Forums

Full Version: Slander?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok found out today that the nurses that come around to houses directly after having a child have gone and done something really nasty.
Here we go.
They stated in there notes that my wife is an intravenous drug user.
This gets worse. They actually notified child services also.
Now i will tell you first off the bat. My wife has never and will never put a needle in her arm. NEVER has NEVER will.

Now the implications are quite bad. These notes are permanent notes on her hospital records. A red flag if you will.
Now my question is this.
Should i try sue them for Slander or Defamation of Character?
The wife is in the process of talking to the local media as i type this to see if they want to have a bite on it.

Would love some advice on this problem.
(02-02-2010, 11:32 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Ok found out today that the nurses that come around to houses directly after having a child have gone and done something really nasty.
Here we go.
They stated in there notes that my wife is an intravenous drug user.
This gets worse. They actually notified child services also.
Now i will tell you first off the bat. My wife has never and will never put a needle in her arm. NEVER has NEVER will.

Now the implications are quite bad. These notes are permanent notes on her hospital records. A red flag if you will.
Now my question is this.
Should i try sue them for Slander or Defamation of Character?
The wife is in the process of talking to the local media as i type this to see if they want to have a bite on it.

Would love some advice on this problem.
Personally, I would find the nurse, take her in the back alley and beat the crap out of him/her.... but I'm sure that wouldn't help the situation much.... just talk to the media and get a crowd, then sue them... and then go back and beat 'em. :p
I agree with Anon. Sue their ass's off. They have no right to do that to you and your wife, you haven't done anything wrong.
Should you decide to sue them (which I would) you're going to have to prove that they are wrong. Simply how it is. How can you do this? Immediately go see a disinterested dr. and have them make a determination (do this before filing).

Edit: Btw, you would loose for slander. Slander is saying things, you're thinking of libel Big Grin
I would take them to court. Or at least get the records changed.
(02-04-2010, 10:06 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, you would loose for slander. Slander is saying things, you're thinking of libel Big Grin

Things were said. It was said to other nurses that she is a drug user.

We have put in a formal complaint to the hospital.
Now it has escalated a little now. We have the attention of the senior members at the hospital and they are investigating.
They are asking us to do a round table discussion with them.
I am thinking of doing it and getting my brother (Crazy bastard) to pretend to represent me.
Just for shits and giggles mostly. But the law is clear i feel.
I dont think i can loose here and i know the hospital knows it and there currently in crisis mode over this.
I want the responsible one to be sacked and i want the record to be destroyed.
Beyond that i dont care. I dont need no want money from them. They could better spend it on others but i dont want the record to stand and i dont want them to do this crap again to others.
Its wrong.
(02-05-2010, 03:56 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Things were said. It was said to other nurses that she is a drug user.

We have put in a formal complaint to the hospital.
Now it has escalated a little now. We have the attention of the senior members at the hospital and they are investigating.
They are asking us to do a round table discussion with them.
I am thinking of doing it and getting my brother (Crazy bastard) to pretend to represent me.
Just for shits and giggles mostly. But the law is clear i feel.
I dont think i can loose here and i know the hospital knows it and there currently in crisis mode over this.
I want the responsible one to be sacked and i want the record to be destroyed.
Beyond that i dont care. I dont need no want money from them. They could better spend it on others but i dont want the record to stand and i dont want them to do this crap again to others.
Its wrong.
WOOT!! Go DAMINK!! :p LOL, good for you. If I didn't see this post I'd a still thought you were a heartless drunken... no offence, but it comes off that way sometimes Oui
DAMINK, bro show em. I'd actually wouldn't say that, let there heads have whatever scary thoughts they may, until the end.
I feel for you and I'd be super pissed too. Not sure about Aussie law but it sounds like you have it right. Create a hassle over this and see what they're willing to do.
You make a big enough hassle over evertyingm, people want to bargin. Write to the newspaper and see.
Pages: 1 2