Support Forums

Full Version: Buddy wrecked his neon lol pics.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, this is us working on his totaled car. Wont even turn over.

He slid off the road into a bunch of trees.
[Image: fejqbn.jpg]
[Image: 2h4x36u.jpg]
[Image: 2i7xmr7.jpg]
Dont look too bad to me?
I mean sure some panel work but the engine does not appear to have been hit. Hard to tell with those pics though.

So there east west engines i see? YUCK i absolutely hate front wheel drive east west jobs.
That looks like it must suck, but with the quality of those pictures it is hard to see exactly how ad it really is.
Yeah, you need to size those pictures.
The POS engine is trashed, the oil pan it in about four different pieces, his head gasket is in more pieces than i can count and his pistons and valves are messed up from running it. i just found out he rigged up a can of starting fluid to his fuel intake into the cab as a cheap "nitrous" lol his engine is destroyed.
But he smashed yes? Prior to this his engine was running.
Now based on what i see. There is no way his head would have been hurt.
"Head gasket in more pieces than you can count"? Must mean 1 of 2 things. Either it was seriously old (unlikely) or he was running it hot and it become brittle so when you removed the head it broke apart.
Reality is the car would not run if the head gasket was in multiple pieces. It would fill the boars with water and destroy the engine.
Not to mention water in the oil and screw up the lubrication and destroy the bottom end in a matter of seconds. Also the compression would be all fu cked up and foul out the plugs very quickly.
Sure he may have heated the f uck out of his car much like you did by doing things that were not smart but this accident did not cause major engine damage.
I dont expect it would even have caused any real chassis damage. More panel work.
So i cant understand this.
Oil pan destroyed suggests hitting something from underneath obviously. Now must have been accident or would not have got there and again weird. Small panel damage yet something big under car. Guess trees could have done that possibly.
Pistons and valves are well again unrelated to accident.
Seems to me it must have been a piece of sh it before and just teared down because it was worthless?
(02-04-2010, 03:55 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]But he smashed yes? Prior to this his engine was running.
Now based on what i see. There is no way his head would have been hurt.
"Head gasket in more pieces than you can count"? Must mean 1 of 2 things. Either it was seriously old (unlikely) or he was running it hot and it become brittle so when you removed the head it broke apart.
Reality is the car would not run if the head gasket was in multiple pieces. It would fill the boars with water and destroy the engine.
Not to mention water in the oil and screw up the lubrication and destroy the bottom end in a matter of seconds. Also the compression would be all fu cked up and foul out the plugs very quickly.
Sure he may have heated the f uck out of his car much like you did by doing things that were not smart but this accident did not cause major engine damage.
I dont expect it would even have caused any real chassis damage. More panel work.
So i cant understand this.
Oil pan destroyed suggests hitting something from underneath obviously. Now must have been accident or would not have got there and again weird. Small panel damage yet something big under car. Guess trees could have done that possibly.
Pistons and valves are well again unrelated to accident.
Seems to me it must have been a piece of sh it before and just teared down because it was worthless?

Basically, the head is fine. I was pulling it off to look at his pistons and cylinders. He slid off a road, and down the hil into some trees. Pictures don't really do it justice. I'll try for better ones. It was a piece of crap, but the wreck pushed it over the edge pretty much.
nice one lol, how he wreck it? My dad wrecked his car when he was coming down out steep driveway and hit the snowbank Tongue
Send me the motor mounts. I need ones that aren't destroyed for my Neon (2002).
(02-03-2010, 10:31 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]The POS engine is trashed, the oil pan it in about four different pieces, his head gasket is in more pieces than i can count and his pistons and valves are messed up from running it. i just found out he rigged up a can of starting fluid to his fuel intake into the cab as a cheap "nitrous" lol his engine is destroyed.

Are these running carbies? I would have thought it would be injected?
Pages: 1 2 3