Support Forums

Full Version: What shall I do with my life?(Career)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I have 2 more years if high school left without including my current one then it's off to college. I'm already doing GCSE at Maths and Science due to year 9 SATS being scrapped. I have my options in some weeks where I will choose my subjects. Teahcers have said if you don't know what you want to do after school just choose the subjects you like, but thats flawed imo, if somevody chooses BTEC (Music, Drama etc..) that is not going to help them when they get to university time?
I want to make some money, I want to be a person who does good in this world, helps people. Not a doctor, too much studying. I've thought about being a lwayer but my hearts not in it. I want to do IT/Computer Security, at the moment I'm a memeber of HF but don't know much.
Also I'm starting my own online based Record Label, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. I've got one producer, who I think is fantastic and inspired me to make a label.

Idk...

Any thoughts?
Well, what are some of the things you love doing?
Going on my computer, playing video games, listening to rap music, Politics and webmaster tasks such as making a forum, website, managing the website/forum. I have thought about creating a browser based game but It would take some time with learing PHP with my idea and the coding would take atleast 2 years on my own.
> webmaster tasks such as making a forum, website, managing the website/forum.

Become a Web Developer.

> Going on my computer, playing video games

Game Developer?
I think I will become a web developer, maybe a game developer in later years. I'll go with my teachers advice, take the course heavy in IT thne geography, history, core subjects, further science and english, maybe graphics.
I assume you're not American. Me personally, I'm going to go to a 4 year university and major in computer science. At university, I'll learn about multiple things, such as software design/coding, some graphics design, some web design, and IT studise such as network management ect. I'll probably end up becoming an IT worker for some company and do web design on the side. I really enjoy web design. I might actually become a software designer. It depends on what I enjoy in college. I've been studying Visual Basic, and I really enjoy it. Anyway, this is about you, not me. I'd recommend taking a broad subject like Computer Science if you can. It doesn't sound like that's an option though. Can you not take misc. classes that aren't related to your "focus" (IT), such as web designing classes and such to see what you enjoy the most? Sorry, I'm super ignorant about the UK's education system.
I see the UK's IT educational courses for high school and college a joke. I've tought about uni IT courses too, I don't think high school or college have an ethical hacking or any other worthwhile IT courses, atleast round here. At the moment I'm going to work my label, at first mixtapes shall be free to get word out, then I plan to charge for new releases like £/$2-5 for a Album or tape. But I'm not going to neglect my educaton, it's always good to have a plan B.
(01-28-2010, 02:54 PM)Maestro Wrote: [ -> ]Going on my computer, playing video games, listening to rap music, Politics and webmaster tasks such as making a forum, website, managing the website/forum. I have thought about creating a browser based game but It would take some time with learing PHP with my idea and the coding would take atleast 2 years on my own.

web developer Cool
Is that records thing of yours incorporated? If not in most places it's illegal to title yourself as a CEO.
Thanks for the heads up, incorporating it when it gets going. I don't think the law will do anything to me, this is the only forum where I've put that in my sig so it'd be kinda hard to find out where I live and take the offence seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3