Support Forums

Full Version: Yin's Weekly Speech: Week 2 (Suicide).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Previous speech: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4418

Alright. This week I'll be focusing on suicide.

Suicide. A permanent solution to a temporary problem. The epidemic of which we know as killing yourself.

I'm not going to sit here and yell at you and tell you "Don't do it." I'm going to list out points:

Tell me one thing. Why leave this world? Do you think your problems will magically fade away? They'll continue to grow, and you won't have any solution. You'll be gone. A memoir.

I hate to reveal my past, but it's what helps me with this type of speech. I was born in a town near Memphis. Full of violence. When I was a kid, I didn't have good grades. I didn't even care about school. I would probably get in a fight every other day because I hated people so much.

When I was 12, I started doing drugs. At the age of 14, I was in a gang. We didn't murder people, we just did malicious things, such as robbing, etc. By 15, I was suicidal. I couldn't of taken any more. I had no strength left in me whatsoever. I was dull, like a used blade.

You don't know how many times my wrists were cut, because of the enzymes that I got and became happy for a short time, then pissed off the next day.

What helped me turn around? Thinking to myself nothing is possible. Now, I'm making $80,000 a year in total, my wife doing the same. I'm a successful motivational speaker, and a web manager. From zero to hero.

Temporary problems are temporary. You can get rid of them, if you strive for success. I can tell you one thing, straight, and to the point:

Suicide isn't the way to go. Do it, you're making yourself look like a fool and essentially you're "losing" the game. It's not fun in the other world, I can guarantee you'll overcome with trying. I'll guarantee you'll have more fun as life goes on than you will by taking suicide.

If you are suicidal, call the suicide hotline. 1-800-273 TALK is a great number to call, people will talk to you about your problems. The world's too good to end it.

Comments?
(01-25-2010, 08:15 PM)Yin Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me one thing. Why leave this world? Do you think your problems will magically fade away? They'll continue to grow, and you won't have any solution. You'll be gone. A memoir.

Um your question here is if you have problems and kill yourself will they go?
Well hello.... Ofcourse they will man. You will be dead!

As for the rest. Well it depends on circumstance entirely.
Lets say your father raped you and killed your family?
Adding to this he infected you with aids when he raped you.

One could argue those "Problems" Are not likely to go away.
Just thought i would put a different spin on the situation.
I have said this before, i will say it again. There is a certain point were suicide is not just the humane thing, its most likely one of the best for the person. Though 99.9% most likely will never get to that stage mind it.
(01-25-2010, 09:35 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I have said this before, i will say it again. There is a certain point were suicide is not just the humane thing, its most likely one of the best for the person. Though 99.9% most likely will never get to that stage mind it.
Highly unlikely, but it does occur.
(01-25-2010, 09:53 PM)Yin Wrote: [ -> ]Highly unlikely, but it does occur.

Terminal cancer? Highly unlikely you say?
Dunno about that hey?
I was going more in the head type of a thing. Lets say, sister is your mother, genetic disorder because of, abusive dad. Mentally an isolate? A person like that (And its been tried to and proven against) has a low chance of living a "Normal" life. Or even a decent one.

(I didn't state it all, but add the pieces to the front)
Reality is there are countless reasons for suicide.
Euthanasia related to some medical condition or whatever has long been a heavily debated subject and a worthy one to argue.
However i was merely in this one for the debate and it seems to have died off so i will await another reply Smile
Nice post, I don't have anything better to say, because I don't care about those things...
I've been through some crap, same as you... I overcome that....

(01-25-2010, 08:25 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]As for the rest. Well it depends on circumstance entirely.
Lets say your father raped you and killed your family?
Adding to this he infected you with aids when he raped you.

For real, if something like that would happen to me, I wouldn't even think a second about taking my life, I would rather go Bezerk and Kill the motherfucker.. (Law Abiding Citizen style for real)
But my father would never do that... Big Grin

As damnik said, there are alot of reasons to commit suicide, most, like 99% of them are stupid bullshit that people think they can't handle...
As I've said it in Vorfins thread, I WANT my life to end, the reason is, I want to know what happens after death not matter if it's good or bad... My Desire for this is strong enough that I can play russian roulette with 6 bullets without any fear...
The only thing that stops me is the feeling, like I still have somethings to finish in this life... the life it self..
I would rather lose the game than inhabit the torture chamber. I mean it's your life after all, and you're free to do whatever you wish.
It's not real torture. You're putting it on yourself if you don't want to get rid of it, its your fault. I'm not talking about suicide that is just pure the only thing you can do.
Pages: 1 2 3