Support Forums

Full Version: My weekly speech.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured I would post this in HF, but this is probably the better place for it. I'll do these weekly speech type things where I hope to kind of inspire you in some ways.

This week, I'll be talking about overcoming.

Lots of people have things they want to overcome. From family, to a goal they wish to accomplish. Even fears sometimes.

One thing's true about all overcoming. If you give up, it won't work. You have to go out there, try your hardest and never give up. Saying "I can't" is essentially the first part of overcoming. But once you say I can't, you have to soon realize that you can. With help, anything's possible. Chances are you won't become President, chances are you won't be a billionaire. Talk realistic goals. Overcoming your fear of something, is easier said than done. You can commit to it, but you need to follow through.

Following through is essential in your overcoming. Fear is just a fear. I know when I was little, I was afraid of dogs. I got over my fear by setting my heart out and taking a risk and trying to be friendly with them. I used to be scared of girls (yes, I know). Now, I'm married and have a daughter.

Giving up on your goal is essentially losing the "game". Anything is possible with the right amount of time.

That's all I have to say for today. I hope that if you're trying to overcome something, to do it. Take a deep breath, and take the steps to succeed. In most cases, you need society to overcome your goal. Running away from the problem, won't ever give you a solution. Hopefully, keeping these words in mind you'll go on throughout this week thinking about life in general. Everyone has something to overcome, or to strive for.

I'd appreciate comments on the speech. I write these myself, no help by anyone. I sit down and write a few speeches a week. I actually sometimes speak to schools in front of crowds. It's a passion of mine.

Enjoy your day.
I'm overcoming the life! ;)
That is really good...
But for real, let us talk about "realistic" goals, becoming a billionaire falls under the realistic goals, same as becoming a president...
If you believe and keep working on your Goal, realistic will stay a simple word, not a limit... ;) You let it sound like becoming a Persident is more or less impossible... Big Grin

I have to agree that a person should never give up on their goals, that decision will not only lead them to not overcome the wished but also create a new habit... And they start giving up instead of trying... (experience talk)

That brings us to overcoming a fear, I have to disagree that it's easier said than done! (Sure, it is for most people but not for me)
A Fear is nothing different but your own way of thinking, since you have problems thinking about the fear you also shouldn't have problems not thinking of it...

I was (I'm) afraid of heights, but the fear doesn't stop me getting high and just jumping out of the plane...
People need to understand that fear doesn't really exist, it's only a "voice" that tells you what could happen...
Fear is not something that will stop you from doing something, it will more give you the needed power the handle what you're doing, if you can control your fear feeling...

Nice speech there mate! I would like to see more...
(01-19-2010, 07:53 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm overcoming the life! ;)
That is really good...
But for real, let us talk about "realistic" goals, becoming a billionaire falls under the realistic goals, same as becoming a president...
If you believe and keep working on your Goal, realistic will stay a simple word, not a limit... ;) You let it sound like becoming a Persident is more or less impossible... Big Grin

I have to agree that a person should never give up on their goals, that decision will not only lead them to not overcome the wished but also create a new habit... And they start giving up instead of trying... (experience talk)

That brings us to overcoming a fear, I have to disagree that it's easier said than done! (Sure, it is for most people but not for me)
A Fear is nothing different but your own way of thinking, since you have problems thinking about the fear you also shouldn't have problems not thinking of it...

I was (I'm) afraid of heights, but the fear doesn't stop me getting high and just jumping out of the plane...
People need to understand that fear doesn't really exist, it's only a "voice" that tells you what could happen...
Fear is not something that will stop you from doing something, it will more give you the needed power the handle what you're doing, if you can control your fear feeling...

Nice speech there mate! I would like to see more...

That's not what I was implying. But ALL of us can't be President. ALL of us can't be billionaires. I think that for some it's easier said than done, but for most it's not. Someone can say that they'll change, but they won't try. It is a "voice". This "voice" is an evil one. It is telling you not to do all this stuff, because you will die, or get hurt. I think that what the world is implying is that you can't overcome fear. Anything is possible, but not ANYTHING. Think realistic, anything realistic is impossible.

More will come. Any ideas for next week? I was thinking a talk on suicide.
I see what you're on, and I need to agree now...

As you say, people will tell everything, but they'll not do it... I now understand what you mean in your first post..
You want to talk about suicide, have you ever tried to take your own life? Did you have the real desire to end your Life?

ps:
You're posting some nice stuff while I'm almost sleeping.. you caught me at a bad time to think.. I'll return to this post when I can think normal... Big Grin
i also found your speech amazing good job!!
(01-19-2010, 08:13 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you're on, and I need to agree now...

As you say, people will tell everything, but they'll not do it... I now understand what you mean in your first post..
You want to talk about suicide, have you ever tried to take your own life? Did you have the real desire to end your Life?

ps:
You're posting some nice stuff while I'm almost sleeping.. you caught me at a bad time to think.. I'll return to this post when I can think normal... Big Grin

When I was young, I was disturbed I'll tell you that much. I've battled through more than you can ever imagine to get to where I am today.

Thanks -welcome-.
(01-19-2010, 08:41 PM)Yin Wrote: [ -> ]When I was young, I was disturbed I'll tell you that much. I've battled through more than you can ever imagine to get to where I am today.

Belive me, my imagination power is big... as I have seen things... but I could talk better about homicide then suicide...
Well then, you're the right type of person who should talk about suicide... I hope to see it soon...!
(01-19-2010, 08:51 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]Belive me, my imagination power is big... as I have seen things... but I could talk better about homicide then suicide...
Well then, you're the right type of person who should talk about suicide... I hope to see it soon...!

It's going to be in the perspective of doing it, not me telling them not to. Obviously, the lesson in the speech will be NOT to do it, but I'm not going to sit there and put every line "Don't do suicide." That's not how you teach people.