Support Forums

Full Version: *Tutorial* CD Tray Jammed? Easy way to fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok A little tutorial for the worldSmile

Story: I recently went to out local tip/rubbish dump place. A lot of people throw out a lot of good things out, merely because they either can't fix whatever it is or they don't have the time/money/means to get it fixed. So 1 day taking the rubbish out, I come across a stereo sitting nicely on the side. Now of course people don't just throw out ANYTHING, there's usually a reason why people throw out stuff to the rubbish. Whoever owned this stereo (5 CD Tray, Radio, AUX, USB Port), the only thing missing was the 2 speakers that it would have had.
So I take this stereo home, plug on the power, and everything seems set until...Pressing the button to open the CD Tray, and nothing happening.

How to fix this little problem (Note: This will only work if something is jamming the tray and NOT for an electrical problem.)

You'll need:
  • Depending on the screws, you'll need either a Phillips or Stanley Screwdriver (Most of the time it's the Stanley Screwdriver)
  • And possibly a chopstick, or similar to move aside the cds. The Screwdriver would also be one option.

OK, to fix, Turn off the stereo, and pull out the pug off the power socket. Wait approx. a few seconds for the whole currents through the system to die out. Now with the screwdriver, starting from the back, unscrew the screws, placing them somewhere safe. (Some screws may differ in size in different places, so it's very important to place the screws in the way it was before coming out.) Now if the back board doesn't slide/come out, then start unscrewing the sides of the stereo, making sure that nothing (if anything is glued on the other side, say a chip or cords) to take things slowly off. OK now the back and sides should come off slowly (REMEMBER: If there are any external cords that come out from inside, to pull it towards the source.

Now the may be some maybe broken pieces of cds, or it may be jammed either in the entrance of the CD tray or under, where all the gizmo work goes on. So with a chopstick/skewer/screwdriver, remove all pieces of cds, remove any sticks, toys, whatever it may be that is obstructing anything, or anything that looks like it shouldn't be in there. And blow away any dust and so forth.

After all is done, safely stand back and turn the stereo back on. And hopefully the cd tray will come out. YeyeYeye

If all is satisfactory, turn the stereo off again, and plug out, wait a few seconds, and then put the covers on. Screw on and HAPPY DAYS!

Same method with computers.

Thank you for reading Smile
Good share from some experience there. I've had to do this a time or two. Now, one thing I'd recommend though, before opening up ANY electronic, that you actually unplug it as well.
Nice share, thanks for this tut.
I've jammed my TV DVD Player (it has it built in)
and I had to open up the whole TV. I did it basically the same way.

For the PC disc not opening you can take a paper clip, unfold it and also push in the little hole to open it up.
Sometimes it will work.
Nice share thanks for this will be using this tut ;D
Dude I am so glad you posted this mine was screwed up many thanks.
In case I ever run into this problem I will definitely use this TUT thank you.

(01-10-2010, 08:16 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]Good share from some experience there. I've had to do this a time or two. Now, one thing I'd recommend though, before opening up ANY electronic, that you actually unplug it as well.
I was tweaking my old stereo and I had asked my bro if he unplugged it he said he did so I started playing around with it.... Guess what happened... XD
Thanks, nice share man.
LOL ...I knew this crap for a long time...but anyway thank you =D
Thanks I saw this on the internet when I searched for it when I broke it.
Pages: 1 2