Support Forums

Full Version: FCC Guidelines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Omni, this is mainly directed at you. But, are you aware of the new(ish) FCC guidelines that state if a person receives a payment from a company for promotion they must state that they are receiving payment? It's mainly effecting blogs that promote a few things through affiliate links. I was wondering if you believe this also effects people posting their affiliate links/referral links here? Maybe a blanket statement in the description that notifies everyone that the people posting the links are going to benefit in some way, more than likely monetarily?
Can you point out where you read this from?
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/endortest.shtm

Basically it requires people to notify viewers that they are making money of it and it has to actually be states, not just implied. Yes, some of us know what an affiliate/referral link is, but, not 100% of people. I'm just wondering if you interpret that as having to be on a forum as well.
Sad Wow that sucks ass. Really does.
These guidelines have been out for like....2 or 3 months already.
We need to establish a terrorist group to target the FCC Smile
Lets call it FAMILY GUY? ...... Oh wait thats taken...
The FCC is a bunch of crap though. I hate the stupid thing, then again, I hate most things government, which is why in a year I'm out of the army and not looking back. I'll dig my bunker, stock up on bullets and guns and food, and ride myself through until the revolution :o
(01-09-2010, 01:28 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]The FCC is a bunch of crap though. I hate the stupid thing, then again, I hate most things government, which is why in a year I'm out of the army and not looking back. I'll dig my bunker, stock up on bullets and guns and food, and ride myself through until the revolution :o
And the FCC, in elementary non-political/business language is.....?
Federal Communications Commission. Pretty much overseas and regulates TV, Radio, Internet things. Advertisement, what shows can show on TV, etc.

Edit: This really should be FTC I believe. I honestly can't remember which, but, apparently it's the FTC lol. Which is the Federal Trade Commission.
(01-09-2010, 01:28 AM)Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]The FCC is a bunch of crap though. I hate the stupid thing, then again, I hate most things government, which is why in a year I'm out of the army and not looking back. I'll dig my bunker, stock up on bullets and guns and food, and ride myself through until the revolution :o

Hear that bro.
Pages: 1 2