Support Forums

Full Version: Bored & Lazy a lot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get usually bored and lazy really quickly and it's quite annoying. It doesn't matter if I am hanging out with some friends going to the movie theater, in fact I hate the movie theater, or designing websites for my clients.

I got a few projects online such as my designers company and virus scanner but I am always to lazy to do anything with it. When I start a new project I will usually finish it and do an execllent job on it but than after a few months I would ditch it or become inactive.

Sometimes I got random flares for example I had my personal blog. One month I would have posted 25 posts the other month none. I also have the same problem in school. For example I always try to extend my homework as late as possible and study for tests 1-2 days before I have them. I usually want to do homework or study earlier or just do it time but than I would stare at it and just don't do anything.

To solve this I usually do stupid stuff like getting (really) drunk at parties, and mess with girls that mean little or nothing to me, and sometimes (rarely - 1-3 times per month) smoking weed.

Any advice, suggestions, or comments because I got loads of design and project work laying around but I just don't have the will in finishing it Sad.
Think of your reward for finishing it. Whatever it may be, and your goal. For example, i put almost all the money i get towards a school fund, so later i have money after school. That is my goal. My reward for myself would be buying a class server.

One way i know you can is stop talking to me when you do you work. Try using the time blocking feature on you router or OS>
Get out and enjoy life, and make yourself get stuff done.. You need to get motivated.
Just sounds like you have a really short attention span.

(12-28-2009, 06:42 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Think of your reward for finishing it. Whatever it may be, and your goal. For example, i put almost all the money i get towards a school fund, so later i have money after school. That is my goal. My reward for myself would be buying a class server.

One way i know you can is stop talking to me when you do you work. Try using the time blocking feature on you router or OS>
Or I can block you on msn ^.^

(12-28-2009, 10:53 PM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]Get out and enjoy life, and make yourself get stuff done.. You need to get motivated.
Well thats the problem I try to enjoy life and sometimes I am having fun but on other days just meh.

(12-29-2009, 01:09 AM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Just sounds like you have a really short attention span.

Not really I can pay attention is class if I want to its more that I dont care...
Play video games Big Grin. Might work ^^
Well that explains some...
Do something that interests you.
Thats what matters it can't all be that bad. As long as you have one thing that interests you.
(12-29-2009, 11:31 AM)p1g 0wnz Wrote: [ -> ]Play video games Big Grin. Might work ^^
Already do ;).

(12-29-2009, 11:45 AM)WMM Wrote: [ -> ]Well that explains some...
Do something that interests you.
Thats what matters it can't all be that bad. As long as you have one thing that interests you.
The most interesting thing for me is computers, software, design, program, hardware, but meh idk.
Well its not interesting only if you don't like it. So maybe you don't really like it.
Find what motivates you to get tasks done. It really is all about self discipline. You need to have the discipline to sit down and do whatever it is that you need to get done. When I was in school I wouldn't go hang out with friends until my work was done, whatever it may be. It got me to finish things a lot quicker, and things always got done. With designing websites, obviously getting paid was the motivator. Especially on bit contracts, I would work in a fast work bonus. Example: Today is Dec. 30. I get a contract for a site with a deadline of Feb. 1st. I get a bonus if the site is finished by Jan 15. Well, that bonus would motivate me to work my butt off.

The biggest thing I found was just discipline yourself to get whatever it is that needs done, done. It's all in your work ethic.
Pages: 1 2