Support Forums

Full Version: Epidural injections?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a small concern.
As some of you may know my wife gave birth to twins yesterday. Now she is a strong girl and insisted on coming home SAME DAY!!
Anyhow during the birth they did give her an Epidural and all but insisted on this being done.
Now the next day (TODAY) she can not move off the bed.
Her neck is so stiff. She literally cant even stand up its that bad for her.
Now when they put in the needle they did miss the first time and had to go again. Now they said this is rather normal and not a problem.
But now i wonder if her neck is actually due to the needle and if so how long if ever will it take to fix?
Perhaps even another visit to hospital for her even?
That is a little odd. I never had heard of that. I'd wait till tonight, and if it doesn't improve or worsens, call a clinic or take her to an ER.
(12-23-2009, 10:54 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]I have a small concern.
As some of you may know my wife gave birth to twins yesterday. Now she is a strong girl and insisted on coming home SAME DAY!!
Anyhow during the birth they did give her an Epidural and all but insisted on this being done.
Now the next day (TODAY) she can not move off the bed.
Her neck is so stiff. She literally cant even stand up its that bad for her.
Now when they put in the needle they did miss the first time and had to go again. Now they said this is rather normal and not a problem.
But now i wonder if her neck is actually due to the needle and if so how long if ever will it take to fix?
Perhaps even another visit to hospital for her even?

I would not have her get an Epidural as it's caused complications. My mother had me naturally.
It was a twins birth. We did not want the injection. Rather they insisted on it.
And one baby was breach so that means they had to pull out the second baby.
And for an update. Neck is getting a little worse today. Were going to go back to hospital today about this.
Yeah go to the hospital. But, it's probably just pulled/strained muscles. My wife had the same thing after our last kid was born and it was a natural birth. Although, that was against her will but Germans are very anti medicine. Although, my wife now will no longer accept medication for any additional kids we have.
Latest on this.

Took wife to hospital today. She got put in again. They said they were going to drain some blood and then inject it into the same hole they made for the epidural. So another needle into spine. Anyway they had her on a drip and giving her loads of caffine and by the time she was due to have the needle she had improved dramatically.
So now she is back home again. (as of about 20 min ago) and is able to move around slightly.
Thanks for all your support and here is hoping there is no more issues.
Glad everything is "ok".
If she cannot move, I would suggest having a doctor come to visit. I know that is possible where I am from.