Support Forums

Full Version: [paranormal] Do you have problems with your Tomte
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so.. many of you deny the existence of all kind of creatures except the visible ones and that's natural - we live in the technological century. So the following text might not be useful for you but you may find it interesting at least.

First of all - what is a Tomte? A Tomte (Scandinavian) is basically a house spirit. Its known by many names - Domovoi (Slavic), hob, brownie, etc. So.. probably you live in a house or flat but how to know what are your relations with the home spirit? You have to know that those things are easily angered. How they are angered ? It may sound old fashioned (well, its an ancient believe) but the Tomte may be angered if you keep your house untidy and if you use vulgar and low language in the house. It will probably try to hint you to clean the mess in some way .. So what happens when the Tomte is angered ? Well.. it may start driving you mad, it may even try to push you to suicide (like jumping from the balcony or similar) It may start making creaking noises and moving things around just to freak you out or stealing small objects..(some people define those things as poltergeist activity) in short it will try to kick you out of the house. A warning here: if you actually hear or see the house spirit you are having hallucinations and you need to consult a doctor - those things can be felt but never seen or heard. So how to deal with an angered Tomte ? First of all try to find the reason why the Tomte is angry with you - don't expect to hear an answer but you should get some sort of a hint. Cleaning and tidying your room might be a good idea. Some Tomtes are believed to require a pair of old boots/shoes which serve as their dwelling place. A popular superstition is that the Tomtes can be pleased with simple gifts like leaving a bowl with porridge (or some other food) especially for the Tomte, but be very careful not to eat it by yourself because this will anger it even more. Another believe is that when people go amongst the wild nature, like camping for example, its possible to attract elementals which will follow them back to their home and start doing mischiefs there and frightening the inhabitants. So if sometimes you feel like you're not welcome in your own home, the reason may be that you have angered the Tomte is some way.

If you have questions about the paranormal, occult,esoteric,etc, feel free to PM me even if its just mere curiosity. Thanks for reading.
Dude, wtf have you been smoking.
You're funny, thanks for making me smile.
youre welcome Agent
Sounds like something some freaky old lady would make up to make sure her children keep their rooms clean. I bet thats how this thing was made up.
My tomete would be shitting itself right now.
agent, the question is not what Ive been smoking -- oh man.. you fudged up my beautiful thread Sad I spend a good 30 min researching that crap and Agent here comes and says its funny.. to hell with you .. Im going away to clean my bong
Have fun.
Like the Old Hag? If so, yes.
Here is where I'm going to point out that "Tomte" is Swedish for "Santa Clause".
(12-21-2009, 02:12 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Here is where I'm going to point out that "Tomte" is Swedish for "Santa Clause".

Thank you Tongue
lol.. this thread was a fail big time wasnt it ... I just for some reason remembered the old days when I was addicted to esoteric and occult literature.. lol... well lets put the theory to the test - find a way to show your Tomte some disrespect and post here if strange stuff starts happening. sidenote: I can't be held responsible if your Tomte decides to do some bad stuff to you after you disrespect it.
Pages: 1 2