Support Forums

Full Version: Why Are People So Anti Suicide?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I was reading some threads in this section, and someone said something along the lines of "It's your life, if you want to, no one will stop you" When talking about suicide.

Of course, the guy got called a heartless idiot, so, I was just wondering, why is suicide always seen so badly? There are two kinds of people, those who want attention, who will slit their wrists, but not want to die, and those who will just do it, no warning, the first time.

Of course, the people who slit, should be helped out of whatever is going on and causing them to hurt themselves, but for those who really want to die, why should we tell them they can't?

IMHO, if I wanted to die, I would just throw myself in front of a train, you would be dead in a second with no pain, your head simply explodes, however many people would try something stupid and painful to try and kill themselves, such as silting their wrists, or over dosing. Surly if someone really wants to die, and has made an informed adult decision about it, we should help them do it in the safest, and least painful way, that will cause as few problems for those around them as possible.
Because some people who experience these feelings actually want to live and other then that it's nice to think of human happiness and prosperity. It is in our instinctive nature to survive and not die.
I don't know, I also think that's not my Problem, if the person does want attention, well suicide is the wrong way for sure.

But there is also this feeling where you're just tired of life and those stupid people you get to see each day, no matter what you do you'll not going to change that.
Yes you will hurt some loved people if you do it, but still, it's better then living every day with the same shitty feeling....

Well as you said there are two types, and in case of the second I really don't care... And probably would do the same if I was them....
But again to get attetion, well does are just stupid little teens that do that mostly......

edit:
I actually have suicide thoughts, but It's more because I want ( really really want) to know what happens after you die......
But I'm a patient man and can wait!
(12-17-2009, 11:42 AM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know, I also think that's not my Problem, if the person does want attention, well suicide is the wrong way for sure.

But there is also this feeling where you're just tired of life and those stupid people you get to see each day, no matter what you do you'll not going to change that.
Yes you will hurt some loved people if you do it, but still, it's better then living every day with the same shitty feeling....

Well as you said there are two types, and in case of the second I really don't care... And probably would do the same if I was them....
But again to get attetion, well does are just stupid little teens that do that mostly......

Of course, I'm not talking about the stupid "Bawww My girlfriend dumped me" teenagers, I'm talking about people who really want to die, just don't want to go on living for whatever reason, and are 100% sure that's what they want.
(12-17-2009, 11:42 AM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]edit:
I actually have suicide thoughts, but It's more because I want ( really really want) to know what happens after you die......
But I'm a patient man and can wait!

Roflmao Same here, that would be the only reason I would ever kill myself.
Right, I agree. But, the problem is, it's ILLEGAL to participate in aiding someone to kill themselves, so many stray away from it, thus it's much like a 'taboo' topic. At least in America it is. Suicide seems logical. I mean, life is pointless in the end anyway. I have reasons for not killing myself, however. For example, I want to see all of Europe. I'd also like to experience romantic love several times before I die. I'd also like to successfully raise two or three children. I also want a puppy. I'd also like to learn two or so more languages before I die. There're many things I'd like to do. Compare it to spending like a hundred dollars going to an amusement park, and then leaving like five hours before you had to. However, if people feel like there's no reason to live (which is possible), then suicide is a rational choice.

Another reason people look down on it so, is because the suiciders (self-murderers?) aren't the only ones effected. If I were to kill myself right now, I know that it'd devastate my brothers and parents, as well as many of my friends, so yeah.
(12-17-2009, 11:44 AM)Vorfin Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, I'm not talking about the stupid "Bawww My girlfriend dumped me" teenagers, I'm talking about people who really want to die, just don't want to go on living for whatever reason, and are 100% sure that's what they want.

Yeah in that case, it's up to them, I think it's more worse to force someone to live his life and not kill them self then they actually doing it.
First thing is people are killing them over various reasons, but they belive that those reasons are right no matter what you think about the situation.
Therefor, let em...

In my 4th Grade few friends and I skipped a class to watch a women jump off the building, that's crazy and sick, but shes wish was not!
(12-17-2009, 11:46 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Right, I agree. But, the problem is, it's ILLEGAL to participate in aiding someone to kill themselves, so many stray away from it, thus it's much like a 'taboo' topic. At least in America it is. Suicide seems logical. I mean, life is pointless in the end anyway. I have reasons for not killing myself, however. For example, I want to see all of Europe. I'd also like to experience romantic love several times before I die. I'd also like to successfully raise two or three children. I also want a puppy. I'd also like to learn two or so more languages before I die. There're many things I'd like to do. Compare it to spending like a hundred dollars going to an amusement park, and then leaving like five hours before you had to. However, if people feel like there's no reason to live (which is possible), then suicide is a rational choice.

Another reason people look down on it so, is because the suiciders (self-murderers?) aren't the only ones effected. If I were to kill myself right now, I know that it'd devastate my brothers and parents, as well as many of my friends, so yeah.

OTF....
But that's the point, those people doesn't want to exprience anything in this world... They just want to finish their time, see as jail-break...

@Vorfin....
It's the only True Reason for killing your self Tongue

It's selfish, period. However, it crosses everyones mind. It has crossed mine many times. But, I just think of the people around me who look up to me, who need my support. It's not good. I've had three suicides in my family. If you ever experienced it first hand this question wouldn't be raised.
(12-17-2009, 11:56 AM)Uhriventis Wrote: [ -> ]It's selfish, period. However, it crosses everyones mind. It has crossed mine many times. But, I just think of the people around me who look up to me, who need my support. It's not good. I've had three suicides in my family. If you ever experienced it first hand this question wouldn't be raised.

Such things are bad when someone in your family or friends does it....Sorry!
But as selfish, I wouldn't say that....
It's their life and they have to control it.... Selfish is when you kill someone other because s/he stole your cookie, but a suicide is not selfish, because it's your thing and no one other has anything to do with that!
(12-17-2009, 11:59 AM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]Such things are bad when someone in your family or friends does it....Sorry!
But as selfish, I wouldn't say that....
It's their life and they have to control it.... Selfish is when you kill someone other because s/he stole your cookie, but a suicide is not selfish, because it's your thing and no one other has anything to do with that!

"An important life isn't judged by the the things you do but, by the things you have done for others."
Quote:"An important life isn't judged by the the things you do but, by the things you have done for others."

I don't see how that's at all related.
If a person wants to end his or her own life, then they should be able to. They didn't ask to be born, so they should at least have the option to die when they want. I don't think people realise the willpower it takes to take your own life. I wouldn't even be able to inflict harm upon myself intentionally, let alone kill myself. If something has driven a person so far that they are able to take their own life, then it is their right to do so. It's already been stated that it effects families. But, what if a person has no one in their life? Literally, no one. Is it still wrong?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7