Support Forums

Full Version: I failed my permit test.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! <-- That's me right now.

In Oklahoma, you can take your permit test (that allows you to drive as long as a licensed 21 year old is in the passenger's seat with you) when you're 15 and a half. I turned 15 and a half today, SO my mom and I went to the highway patrol office to take the test. After screwing with my old high school for like an hour, we finally got my 8th grade reading scores (which are required by Oklahoman law, I assume many other states are like this). So, I took the test. The way it's set up is, there're 20 questions. You can miss 5 and pass. You can skip a question, which will skip that question and provide you with a new one. I didn't really understand how the skipping/missing worked. First, I thought when you skipped, it just skipped it, with no new question. Secondly, I thought that 'skipping' a question counted as missing one. I'm contemplating getting my brother to take me tomorrow to take it again, because if I wait till next Tuesday, I'll have to wait till 2pm to go take it, at which the office will be packed (school will have been let out by then).

I just feel kind of dumb. I mean, I can teach myself a moderately difficult language like Swedish and teach myself about web designing, but I can't pass a simple written test? WTF. I missed 8, where you can only miss 5. This is in the emotional section 'cause I'd just like to rant. One question that I found silly was like "How long can you wait before getting your license changed after you change your name?" or whatever. Some options were like 30 days, 135days, till your license get's renewed, and another one. WTF. If I were going to get my name changed, I'd simply call the DMV and ask. No one knows that, seriously. Why would it be on a test? A more practical question would be like, "What're the legal reprecussions for a person's first DUI offense?" (ironically, I got that question correct. WTF)

/rant
Don't worry man I failed the license test like 3 times before I got it.....
But the driving was a first shot ;)

I know there are questions you'll never expirience, but that's the trick, they give you the stupid questions.. just to test you!

Just take your time while doing it and you'll see that's actually a pretty easy one, well if you did study a bit!
Don't feel bad. I failed twice my written driver test. Or was it once? Some of the questions have no rhyme or reason to be on there in my opinion. You'll get it.
That sucks man, how hard could it be thow?
Don't fret. You can take it as many times as needed to pass man no worries. Driving isn't that great anyway i'm blowing all my money on gas.
The questions are designed to be tricky. Damn i had to re sit my license because i lost it for drink driving and i actually failed as well.
I had driven for years still they make the questions tricky enough you have to memorize there rules to have any chance.
Many of us fail it mate. Dont sweat it one bit.
I almost failed because apparently i "accelerated recklessly" in my diesel. I don't even know what that means lol i just like to go fast.
I think some of y'all misunderstood. I was taking my permit test, not my license test. But thanks for all the encouragement Smile
(12-17-2009, 11:42 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]I think some of y'all misunderstood. I was taking my permit test, not my license test. But thanks for all the encouragement Smile

Not me. Actually to be precise i lost my car license which took my bike license as well.
I got my car license back first go. L plates again Sad
But when i went for my bike license again that's where i failed lol.
Maybe driving's just not your forte. I mean if your not really interested in something it's hard to memorize the crap. So i recomend just trying hard...u may fail a few times but you'll get it eventually XD
Pages: 1 2