Support Forums

Full Version: I don't love my mom, neither my sister
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I remember we used to study a psychological theory in school that there is the Edip complex and all the boys should have it. It basicaly means all the boys unconsciously have sexual desires for their mothers and they are looking for a gf that resembles their mom (same thing with the girls for their fathers).. the thing is .. I don't love my mom - sometimes I even hate her cuz she is overprotective and annoying me constantly. I wouldnt want my gf to resemble my mom in any possible way.. Also Ive read those fictional stories where guys fall in love with their sisters/moms.. I feel so far away from that.. To my sister I have absolutely no feelings - not even brotherly love.. when we were younger we used to nag each other a lot and have quarrels all the time. Now we bearly even talk to each other. Ofc if something happens to her I will protect her, but I don't feel anything to her. I have the feeling that's the reason why I feel so different from the other people some times.. I just don't feel those things Im supposed to... does this mean Im a psycho? Or is it just some lameass doc trying to convince us that we should all be the same ?
It doesn't mean your psycho, it just means you don't love them. If you wanted to kill them, or some other insane idea, then you would be psycho.
No you're not a Psycho, I don't feel those things too!
But you said it your self, you will protect your sister same as your mother in bad situations.
There is your love expression towards them, you don't need to feel it because it's an instinct.

What the doc says is just what he learned on his path to growing up and based on how his personality was shaped!
Mostly that's not even his/her opinion on a subject, but more a quoted things they learned in some point of their life...

It's up to you if you want to belive him or not, and in the end it's something no one talks about because it's "nasty".
But I can proudly say that I think my older sister is a pretty and sexy woman, and that's based on the fact how I define beauty and not because I have an sexualy desire, which I don't have Tongue
My guess is that your between 12-16? Yeah. Don't worry about it, you do love them. You just don't like them. And hey, even if you don't love them at all. I'm sure you will get over it.
Frankly I despise all of my family. However I can see the thought process behind that theory (which I thought was proposed by Sigmund Freud. Considering that in most cases our mothers are the soul gentle factors in raising us, it is the paradigm of female treatment we are used to when we grow older so we would naturally look for something (someone) that would continue that paradigm.

Point is I believe that theory and your family may be insufferable, but you do love them, perhaps.....
I hate my mother, in particular. I hate damn near everyone in my family.
My whole family annoys the crap out of me. Do i hate them? They moulded me into what i am now, which i guess i should give them that for.

Its normal.
(12-15-2009, 05:38 PM)BIG DEAL Wrote: [ -> ]I remember we used to study a psychological theory in school that there is the Edip complex and all the boys should have it. It basicaly means all the boys unconsciously have sexual desires for their mothers and they are looking for a gf that resembles their mom (same thing with the girls for their fathers).. the thing is .. I don't love my mom - sometimes I even hate her cuz she is overprotective and annoying me constantly. I wouldnt want my gf to resemble my mom in any possible way.. Also Ive read those fictional stories where guys fall in love with their sisters/moms.. I feel so far away from that.. To my sister I have absolutely no feelings - not even brotherly love.. when we were younger we used to nag each other a lot and have quarrels all the time. Now we bearly even talk to each other. Ofc if something happens to her I will protect her, but I don't feel anything to her. I have the feeling that's the reason why I feel so different from the other people some times.. I just don't feel those things Im supposed to... does this mean Im a psycho? Or is it just some lameass doc trying to convince us that we should all be the same ?
Your normal man. Just live life to the fullest you're young get out and have fun.
(12-15-2009, 05:50 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote: [ -> ]No you're not a Psycho, I don't feel those things too!
But you said it your self, you will protect your sister same as your mother in bad situations.
There is your love expression towards them, you don't need to feel it because it's an instinct.

What the doc says is just what he learned on his path to growing up and based on how his personality was shaped!
Mostly that's not even his/her opinion on a subject, but more a quoted things they learned in some point of their life...

It's up to you if you want to belive him or not, and in the end it's something no one talks about because it's "nasty".
But I can proudly say that I think my older sister is a pretty and sexy woman, and that's based on the fact how I define beauty and not because I have an sexualy desire, which I don't have Tongue

well yeah i guess if my sis was older than me i would find her sexy too ...

thanks all that was a comfort... cuz i was having doubts about my sanity lately..

p.s. actually i should thank you A LOT .. cuz to be honest.. i got that phobia called alienophobia or something.. which means the phobia of a mental disease (like cancerophobia which means the phobia of different types of cancer) the same thing started happening to me last year - i was having panic attacks that Im going insane (and I wasnt - i knew it but i couldnt stop the devouring horror that Im actually insane and all my friends are going to notice and they will talk behind my back that Im mad - i was realizing that wasnt a rational idea but i couldnt controll myself, i would walk on the street and suddenly stop being paralized by the fear that Im going insane) i went to the doc, he said: are u seeing things? - no - are u hearing things - no - so you are ok, you just got the alienophobia and your case isn't unique.. so I was on the pill for 6-7 months because of that thing and I hate living my life not sober... so u saved me a lot of nightmares THANKS
(12-15-2009, 05:50 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that your between 12-16? Yeah. Don't worry about it, you do love them. You just don't like them. And hey, even if you don't love them at all. I'm sure you will get over it.

no mate, Im 22. I sound naive cuz Im not a native speaker.
I ended up with a girl that is just like my mom, "Get a job! You stink take a shower! Stop complaining about panic attacks, it's all in your head! Don't pull that psychology crap with me!" Yeah, it's great.
Pages: 1 2