Support Forums

Full Version: [ubuntu] Please some1 help me to fix my sound - i miss my music a lot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so... those Chinese guys decide to put amd graphic card with audio device in asus notebook along with the internal audio device which is by intel (realtek chip) I need to use the internal audio device. the ALSA mixer tells me :

fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x7e33c9b8, overlapped 0x7e33c99c): stub
fixmeConfusedhellllCanUnloadNow stub
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer

when i go to sound preferences>hardware only the radeon audio device is seen.
ATI and the intel device are on different IRQs . At hardware drivers i remove the graphic card driver, then put it back on - no success.So please can anyone tell me how to fix my sound

it sounds messy, but I don't know much about hardware. Sorry for the double post.I posted a similar thread in another section, but noone replied.

p.s.: I hate my room so silent... Bebe-pleure
Probably a software related issue, I don't have much experience with linux OS's. Have you installed the drivers. If all else fails take it back to those dudes and tell them to fix it, they fudged it up and you paid for it!

Don't double post, if you feel you've put it in the wrong section report it. "Just BUMP" it.
Hooorayyyy !!! I fixed it Big Grin There was some driver for a software modem (whatever that is) which was messing with the audio devices... heh... btw Im in love with ubuntu... everyday me learn something new Smile

Mods can remove the thread. and thanks extasey for giving me the hint bout the drivers.cheers.
What are you using ALSA or OSS?
(12-08-2009, 06:10 AM)Nailox Wrote: [ -> ]Hooorayyyy !!! I fixed it Big Grin There was some driver for a software modem (whatever that is) which was messing with the audio devices... heh... btw Im in love with ubuntu... everyday me learn something new Smile

Mods can remove the thread. and thanks extasey for giving me the hint bout the drivers.cheers.

Yes it's strange. I don't know that anyone these days uses modems but the drivers are there in Linux. It seems they were the interference. How many people here even use modems at all now? I thought that was a dead technology, now we've got wifi and wired networks for broadband?

We had a modem years ago. That was in the days we used Windows. It involved making a phone call with the computer to the ISP direct from your computer instead of automatic broadband connections (it stopped the phone working for normal calls). Broadband just automatically connects and doesn't stop you using the phone. Maybe the Linux people want to keep up support for dead tech but your case shows it can interfere with other things. Maybe they need to rethink it.
I guess ubuntu detected that i have a 56k modem in my laptop and decided to install drivers for it just in case. if you ask linux devs they will probably tell you that the reason for this is that ASUS sux lol... but Im happy with my machine. i reckon the price-performance ratio is good.