Support Forums

Full Version: car issues stalling while driving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a 2000 Hyundai accent a 4 cylinder engine and the other day i was driving it and the check engine light comes on and so i tried to gas it and it jsut stalls but i keep moving it just there's no power and can not accelerate but all my lights are on and such. it has been happening when it is cold engine whenever it been running for about 20 min it doesn't do it anymore

any ideas on things i can try

i had the transmission replaced a year and a half ago. I also replaced spark plugs and wires about 3 months ago. i ran a injector cleaner through it seafoam and also gumout no luck also replaced fuel filter 6 months ago. the air filter is clean also checked it.

any suggestions im a medium car guy almost anything but ripping out transmissions and engines.

any suggestions are appreciated.
Have you had your hoses checked for any leaks or cracks?

What about the alternator?
no i have not but im off saturday ill look them over and see if theres anything there
No power huh? Well, in my semi-limited experience this might mean you blew your head gasket. Look at my "how to check compression" thread. if you decide to do that, let me know what your compression readings are, i will be able to tell you whats up from there. If not, just bring it in. Or check your spark plugs, if they are black and sooty replace them. I'll watch this thread to ba as much help as i can.