Support Forums

Full Version: Is Java a Popular Language?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My uncle, who is 46, has been working with computers his entire life. He knows five programming languages including Basic, Visual Basic, C++, C, and Java. He says that in the "business world", Java is the most popular language. What are your opinions on this statement? Is he correct? Wrong? Tell me what you think.
Java is used in cellphones,cars,ect,so It wouldn't hurt learning it either way.
I believe this will give you an idea why Java is the most popular language.
(11-29-2009, 08:03 PM)Acekidd01 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this will give you an idea why Java is the most popular language.

Not really. From what I can understand from that article based on the rather interesting grammar is that in his opinion Java is better than C/C++ and .NET because it runs on multiple platforms.

From the article he seems to suggest that C/C++ will only compile on Windows; that's ridiculous since C/C++ will compile on any platform that has a compiler for it (including Linux and Mac; hell the Linux and Mac kernels are even written in C).

The same point can be made about .NET nowadays since Mono lets you run .NET code on Linux and Mac.

As for your Uncle's statement, it would depend on which "business world" he was working in since it would no doubt differ between industries.
Yea java Is popular but java script is better.
(12-10-2009, 05:51 AM)Socrates Wrote: [ -> ]Yea java Is popular but java script is better.

Java and Javascript are waaayy different things,Javascript is used to Develop Web applications and Java is a programming language
yess...java is a popular language