Support Forums

Full Version: Getting Parts for my car will this work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I am planning on getting new headers... a wider catalytic converter; performance spark plug to give my car a little something more...

Just want some advice on if these parts will fit on my 2004 Dodge Neon Sxt

Thank you all in advance n_n"
They should all work, if they are advertised for your vehicle they will work. Make sure you gap the spark plugs right. And i know this is illegal but if i was you i would just hack off the converter. If you buy things called "O2 foolers" and install them your car will think it still has a caty. Now, if you just cut it off your car won't run. It sends a signal to shut down your computer. If you need help with anything more just ask.
As for the spark plugs. They are way overpriced. You can get the same quality out of a $10 plug as you can for those.
As for the headers, remember. What you do to the exhaust side you should do to the intake side. If you get those you should get a new intake manifold. Now, you don't have to do it. But i would.
With the cool air intake. If you can find one by airade, ractive, or K&N i would do that.
(11-27-2009, 11:45 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]They should all work, if they are advertised for your vehicle they will work. Make sure you gap the spark plugs right. And i know this is illegal but if i was you i would just hack off the converter. If you buy things called "O2 foolers" and install them your car will think it still has a caty. Now, if you just cut it off your car won't run. It sends a signal to shut down your computer. If you need help with anything more just ask.
As for the spark plugs. They are way overpriced. You can get the same quality out of a $10 plug as you can for those.
As for the headers, remember. What you do to the exhaust side you should do to the intake side. If you get those you should get a new intake manifold. Now, you don't have to do it. But i would.
With the cool air intake. If you can find one by airade, ractive, or K&N i would do that.

Ah cool beans; not sure what you mean about spacing the spark plugs though figure I would just keep track of where they originally were... but will try to look for intake you have mentioned.
So in any case then I could get the spark plugs from somewhere like auotozone then?

(if I do this thing with my caty will the car still pass admissions?
Yeah, gapping your spark plugs is very easy. The order doesn't matter, just as long as you don't mix up the wires.
Yeah, don't get the $1.00 ones. But don't pay out the as eather.

No, it won't pass. In Montana we have different laws. I forget that sometimes.
Hmm... cause I am trying to do what I can to sup up my car but pass admissions haha
So prolly not going to cut off my converter n_n"

anything else I can do other than what I listed but in keeping it kinda cheap IE. turbo is a little to much haha
Yeah, a full exhaust system to go along with your headers would make a difference. No need to go really expensive, just as long as it's better than stock.
Have you ever heard of a programmer? Is what it does, is programs the computer in your car to add horsepower, torque and top speed. This will DRAMATICALLY decrease the life span of your car though.
Look into them, it will probably make the biggest difference of anything.
yeah herd of em' idk about it though because I already have 97k miles on my car haha
(11-27-2009, 10:49 AM)broken_machine Wrote: [ -> ]Well I am planning on getting new headers... a wider catalytic converter; performance spark plug to give my car a little something more...

Just want some advice on if these parts will fit on my 2004 Dodge Neon Sxt

Thank you all in advance n_n"

Hi my Bro, Now a cold air intake will give you some performance gains because cold air/fuel that is ignited will expand more than hot air/fuel so this will give you more power under combustion

as for your headers this will improve the flow & back pressure of your exhaust system & will give you some power gains because your engine does not have to work as hard to push your exhaust gases out wich will give you more power and better flow in your engine/exhaust

Now spark plugs can be somewhat of a myth. Now if you are using standard or performance plugs as long as they are sparking they are doing their job the only difference between standard and performance plugs is quite minimal to be honest the only difference is most performance plugs will use a V spark as apossed to a single line spark. but using a V spark plug may ignite your air/fuel a bit better but this is normally best used with high-end performance engines not with basic upgrades

A catylic converter is used to burn off any unwanted or leftover gases that pass through your exhaust system to help with reducing exhaust emissions. But increasing it's size could very well help your exhaust flow so this musn't be dissmissed as a way to make power gains but still meet all legal regulations

Now if you would like some tips to help you make some nice power gains just ask I will help you the best I can. Hope I've helped

B@nNeD
(12-14-2009, 07:31 AM)B@nNeD Wrote: [ -> ]Hi my Bro, Now a cold air intake will give you some performance gains because cold air/fuel that is ignited will expand more than hot air/fuel so this will give you more power under combustion

as for your headers this will improve the flow & back pressure of your exhaust system & will give you some power gains because your engine does not have to work as hard to push your exhaust gases out wich will give you more power and better flow in your engine/exhaust

Now spark plugs can be somewhat of a myth. Now if you are using standard or performance plugs as long as they are sparking they are doing their job the only difference between standard and performance plugs is quite minimal to be honest the only difference is most performance plugs will use a V spark as apossed to a single line spark. but using a V spark plug may ignite your air/fuel a bit better but this is normally best used with high-end performance engines not with basic upgrades

A catylic converter is used to burn off any unwanted or leftover gases that pass through your exhaust system to help with reducing exhaust emissions. But increasing it's size could very well help your exhaust flow so this musn't be dissmissed as a way to make power gains but still meet all legal regulations

Now if you would like some tips to help you make some nice power gains just ask I will help you the best I can. Hope I've helped

B@nNeD

Enjoyed the explanation..very informative n_n"
If you do have any tips for smaller/cheap upgrades (under $500) let me know.. I own a 2004 Dodge Neon sxt FWD btw...

ps. went out and bought everything but the spark plugs 2 weeks ago ..my car is sounding and moving faster alot better!
I have a Neon 2002. The Cold Air Intake you posted isn't compatible. It says:
"Fits on:00-03 Dodge Neon 2.0L L4"

The rest seems okay. Are you going to race the Neon?
Pages: 1 2 3