Support Forums

Full Version: Computer addiction and ansomnia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK so Im just going to spill on all my problems and get some reasonable solutions. Not just, well dont use the computer, because its not that easy.
6:00am-wake up and do the remainder of my homework
6:45am-go back to sleep
8:00am-go to school
4:30pm-get home
4:45pm-eat dinner
5:00pm-work out
6:00pm-computer time
10:00pm homework
2:00pm-wake up and cook up three packets of ramen nuddles downstairs. I eat them peridicly throughout the day.
2:20pm-place them beside the microwave in my computer room and get started on my computer
8:00pm-watch like an hour of television series with my parents.
9:30pm-more computer time
2:00am-sleep
So first I have a total addiction to the computer and games and electronics in general. I spend hours and hours a day on my computer and if the police ever searched my pc id be in jail for years. I dont have an addiction to p0rn so thats good but I do spnd a lot of time on hackforums and just cruising around youtube. I also have major self confidence problems. I spent three hours taking pictures for my facebook picture. Also I am not very popular at school because im short becuz my growth plates are about a year behind. I am constantly treated like an unequal like a child or a baby. I dont get teased because of the fight last year when i beat the hell out of the most popular kid in school.(I work out five times a week for an hour a day) Also I sit at the "nerd" table at lunch because my wow buddies and hacker friends sit their so we talk business and discuss our website and how we can help each other. A lot of times I get comments about that. But the main problem I have is ansomnia. I lay awake some nights for hours. I always have images of what could have happened to ym or what could happen to me and scary images that haunt me. My mom says that its natural but she doesnt se how long i stay awake. I used to read my childhood books to sooth my mind but now I have sold them and have no cure. Is there any medicine I could buy legally or illegally. I have a PO box that i share with my friends that it could be shipped to and I have a steady income of about 2k usd a month. What can I do about my problems.
Do you try to go to bed, and just lie there? Or something different like you are really are tired but can't sleep, but really want to? Are you a little slow in school (academically wise) because of your excessive use for the computer?

If you are just lying in your bed and can't sleep, get up and do something. If I can't sleep usually accomplishing something right before I go to bed or if I can't sleep will help me fall asleep, because I feel like i "did" something that day or night and didn't just "sit" around. For example, I would clean my room (yes i know boreing, but works because clean rooms help clear your mind and help you fall alseep) or go read something on the internet or read a fictional book. If you are really tired and don't have enough energy to get back up out of bed to do something. Then try focusing on what you are going to do tomorrow, and that you are going to need plenty of sleep to accomplish that stuff. (Don't think that you can do something impossible, but not really simple either, find something that will make you feel successful.) Make sure that you do these things because if you don't and push them off, this technique becomes ineffective. For example you could say you were going to finish all your homework before you get on the computer tomorrow, and repeat that in your head until you fall asleep. (repetition helps a person focus on one thing and keep from their mind wandering places.)

Hope this helps, and good luck Smile If you can answer my questions posted in the beginning I might be able to help you out some more.
Keyreaper gave good advice, but some other things I'd recommend doing; do some stretches about 30 minutes before you go to bed, so you feel how sore your muscles were, and how they feel now. If you do enough activity as you imply, then you should feel tired by the end of the day, unless you're superman. Also, I'd suggest you masturbate or somehow release sexual tension before sleeping. I find that I usually can't sleep unless I do this, but once I do, I sleep like a baby. You shouldn't dwell on 'what if' situations, because they never go anywhere. You could sit there for eternity and ponder about them.

As for the self-esteem issues, just think about things that make you feel good. This is actually very simple in nature. For example, stand in front of a mirror and flex. Perhaps it makes you look like a douchebag, but at least you'll feel good about yourself. Think of how you fought that popular guy last year. Relieve every moment of the fight, highlighting the good points. Recall the expressions on all the other students' faces as they watched. Recall how good it made you feel to get all that pent up anger out of you. Think of the kids at your school who don't really have friends / are outcasts; at least you have people whom you are close to. It doesn't matter that you sit at the 'nerd' table. I mean, the table you sit at doesn't determine your personality; don't think for a second that it does. I'm sure the guy you fought last year sits at the jock/prep table, but that doesn't make him better than you, does it? I mean, you pwnd him, or so you say. Don't sit there and think, "Sigh he gets all the girls" or "I bet he's so rich" because that's all superficial. It all is. High school is one huge popularity contest. Don't let it get to you.

I'm also addicted to the Internet, but what does it matter? I mean, as long as you work out or get some form of physical activity and social interaction, then it doesn't matter. There's a lot to be learnt from the Internet; don't look at it as a bad thing. Would you rather be out destroying your liver by getting piss ass drunk and fuc|king random girls you'd never even met before?

Good luck
keyreapers Qs answers.
Mostly yes
yes i want to fall asleep and somtimes it brings me to shouting because it angers me.
No it seems that my schoolwork fluctuates but it always seems to work out i guess except lately.

Masterbating wouldnt be good esp cause my parents check to see if im asleep some nights so... that might not end well.
But elektrisk did help on makin me feel better (; thanks for the tips both of yah.
I got a good idea, i'm not going to give ypu a twenty minute answer. Anyways try:

Making a limit for yourself.Ill play 2 hours today and maybe hang with my friends or play outside.

If this doesn't work, sell your computer and your console,

Which means, more cash in your pocket and you half to think of something to do now. trust me. Do it.
... thanks i think
I have a computer addiction too. Try to go outside more.
I've been experiencing some similar issues. I have a crazy schedule now and it seems as though I only sleep every other night. I like keyreaper's advice and that's sort of like what I did last night. I couldn't sleep after laying in bed for hours so I got up and went to my computer (it's in my room too) and tried to get some stuff done. Eventually I got tired and switched over to my bed again and went to sleep. It's not uncommon for me to stay up long enough to watch "Morning Joe" on MSNBC. At that point I'll usually go make myself a cup of coffee and enjoy the early morning (I'm definitely a morning person, even if I never went to bed in the first place, lol).
Well you may be suffering from a psychological disorder which is impairing you of sleep. What you can try to do is before bed make sure you aren't stressed. Stress is the number one cause of a lot of problems. Next make sure you aren't depressed which could be a cause. Thirdly if this continues which it more then likely will tell your parents and see a doctor.
If it makes you feel better, I only sleep 2 hours for every 24, and i'm on the HF for about 6-8 Hours of the day.

:/
Pages: 1 2