Support Forums

Full Version: Need help staying on task -.-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This week and next few weeks of my life will be stressful. I'll have to start leaving the house at 7am, and come back home at 11 PM at night.
I have a huge project that I have to do and finish before the end of next week.

Can you guys give some tips on how I could finish the project? I'm probably also going to be doing some of it at school. (It's a poster presentation thing)

And

Tips on how to stay focused on your work, because whenever I'm doing my homework, and something small distracts me, I spend 30 minutes not doing my work, like right now -.-
Best way, skip lunches and get there eariler. Stomach pains now, sure as hell beats them later.
I'm the same way, can hardly stay focused on the task at hand. Something that I've all found helps me out a lot, is to keep a fairly detailed list of everything i need to get done, and write down an approx. time that i should get each task done. Aslong as I keep checking my list and stick to my times, everything seems to work. You can try it, might work, might not.

@Aristotle - While skipping meals does give you more time to do the work, i wouldn't really recommend it. Just like how PaNiK said about eating the fruit. All the nutrients in the food helps brain activity. Plus hunger pains can be very distracting.

Good luck with the project Thumbsup
I'd sit and put some music on, turn your phone off, and your computer.. And just hammer it until it's done ;)
I like to munch on sunflower seeds! I stay on task while doing that.
Try rewarding yourself with work.
wake up (alarm) super early like 5:00am in the morning and if u have somone in your room/house/apartment it makes this easier. Only turn a lamp on and be super quiet do it all silently and your heart should beat kinda fast.. After about an hour of it.. Go to sleep. Just the thought of being able to go back to bed helps me.
Hatsune, I can be exactly the same, whenever I do my work and my computer is on it distracts me. Turn it off, dont use your phone and leave the tv off. One time when my computer was broken I actually looked forward to doing homework because tv and the PS3 got boring. Even now, sometimes I enjoy doing my homework because of how simple it is, how one-sided it can be. On the computer theres so many things that can happen to stress you but homework is just a simple task which you should be able to do.
If the place where you do your work is at your PC, go to a dining room table or something like that, get away from the PC! Lol that was my problem, having to check all my favorite sites every 2 min.
(11-27-2009, 10:09 PM)ionica21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hatsune, I can be exactly the same, whenever I do my work and my computer is on it distracts me. Turn it off, dont use your phone and leave the tv off. One time when my computer was broken I actually looked forward to doing homework because tv and the PS3 got boring. Even now, sometimes I enjoy doing my homework because of how simple it is, how one-sided it can be. On the computer theres so many things that can happen to stress you but homework is just a simple task which you should be able to do.

(11-27-2009, 10:57 PM)ZXii Wrote: [ -> ]If the place where you do your work is at your PC, go to a dining room table or something like that, get away from the PC! Lol that was my problem, having to check all my favorite sites every 2 min.

True, lol. I'll start thinking that way now. Plus eating fruit feels good, odd. Thanks for all the advice.