Support Forums

Full Version: Autism and love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to know what I can do to better myself with my expressions. I am in love with a girl who is wonderful to me. The only problem is..my Autism. I can never get my emotions across and I sound monotone to her even though I believe I look and sound happy. I never much cared before about my emotions, or how my feelings came across to people. I never sought out love and neither have I cared for anyone before. When I met her, that changed. And I'm faced with a problem with expressing my emotions...because of the lack of care and empathy on my face. I want to cry with her, smile with her, and make her feel loved. I just dont know how to with my facial expressions. If anyone knows anything, anything at all; about what I can do or who I can seek for help, I would gladly appreciate it. I know it's difficult to change who I am, but I'm willing to do what it takes, for the only person in my life that made me happy.
Different people express love in different ways. Don't assume just because your facial expressions dont show your feelings she can't still know. Simply tell her how much you love her. Maybe show her by doing special littleĀ things for her everyday. You just have to find how you express your love and how you receive it as well.