Support Forums

Full Version: Husband needs to cut the apron strings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My husband and I have been married for a little over two years but I feel like he still is tied to his mom. Don't worry, I am glad him and his mom have a good relationship and talk, I don't want them to be on bad terms or anything like that. But I get mad and I guess jealous when he tells her everything before he tells me. And half the time after he tells her he either doesn't tell me at all or thinks he did and forgets. I feel like it is driving a major wedge in between us.
     I haven't said anything to either of them because I don't want to be the nagging wife or for them to think I don't want them to talk to each other. But when we come home at night it would be nice if we could talk about our day together. But by the time I get home, three hours after him he's already told it all to his mom and isn't in the mood to repeat it, so all I get when I ask how was your day is "fine" or "normal" I have told him multiple times that I want us to have a really close marriage and be able to talk to each other about big things and the mundane but I guess that won't be possible right now. I am in no way a confrontational person so even just trying to hint that I want us to be close and talk to each other gave me major anxiety.
     There's been several times where he makes plans with friends but then doesn't tell me until a few days before the day we are supposed to meet, and at that point it is too late to change my work schedule (i'm a nurse and I have to request days off like 3 weeks in advance) but then later I will hear him on the phone and she asks if we are excited to see so and so tomorrow or she asks how it went afterwards. So he couldn't tell me the person who is supposed to be going with him to these events, but his mother knows.
     I like his mom a lot I just want to have a marriage where we come first in each other's lives. When we have days off together which are rare, he talks to his mother like 4-5 times throughout the day, it's frustrating. Not that they talk, just that it's all day long! She is married why can't she talk to her own husband once in a while? Because she always says, he's not a talker. Ok, so she calls her son for his opinion on absolutely everything instead? I feel pretty lonely in this 3 way marriage. And I've never been much of a drinker, but lately I have almost every night. I hate my job, all of my friends are really busy with jobs kids and tons of obligations. We are working on moving, or I should say I am working on moving. I'm stressed out and I have no one to talk to. I just feel alone when I come home and I don't want to think about it anymore.