Support Forums

Full Version: Any advice?I have a difficult new mother in law
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got married in sept. 2014 and then my husband and I decided to move to the city where his family is....300 miles away from my family. And now we are temporarily staying with his mom ( my mother in law). She is all about natural and organic things. Which I don't mind, its nice but when she is constantly telling me I have a certain issue, no matter what it might be, because I don't eat all natural food or because of my scentsy warmer being toxic.....I do have a problem.she is celiac so she supposably can't have wheat soy or gluten, which I respect, but don't come ask me for my food because it looks good and you want to try it, especially when you know its full of soy and wheat and gluten. It just seems like having celiac is a thing only when its convenient for her. I feel like she is constantly jueging the way I live and has no respect for my things, example being she decided to go in and try to clean our room and spilled my box of qtips on the floor....I am kinda a germaphobe and my husband is even more so. So I was anlittle upset to hear that and the fact that she just put the ones that fell on the ground back in the box. I normally wouldn't care but we are so tight on money that I can't afford to be spending money on stuff we already had that got messed up.
On top of all that, she can't communicate with my husband/ her son at all without trying to fight with him. I seriously hear her trying to argue with him at least 5 times a day.
Oh and today I was upset bc I can't go see my family at the end of the month for my nieces first birthday and she told me I shouldn't be seeing my family anyway. And that we all have to make sacrifices. I am literally about to snap and I don't know wuat to do.