Support Forums

Full Version: Teen Miscarriage on Christmas Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm an 18 year old senior in high school and I've recently suffered an early miscarriage at 4 weeks. The only person who even knew I was pregnant was my cousin who is a RN, so I don't really have a support system.
The father of my baby is a friend with benefits. I don't even know if I'd call him that, since he's been a real butthead... We only got together a handful of times. I don't know if I should tell him about the miscarriage or not, because I don't know if he'd believe me or if he'd think I was just trying to get him to pity me.
Even though it was early in the pregnancy and the pregnancy was unplanned, we even used protection, I'm feeling really emotional right now. I got my positive first response test on Christmas Eve, December 24, and the next day I started bleeding and cramping like crazy. I didn't tell anyone because my family thinks I'm the perfect child and I didn't want to ruin the holiday. My mother still thinks I'm a virgin and that I don't even talk to boys.
I'm just struggling to act like everything is normal when I just lost a baby. I've always wanted to be a mother. Of course, the situation was wrong and I'm not financially stable, but those things don't make this any easier on me. I'm at a loss for what to do.
(12-28-2014, 10:34 AM)peach2218 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm an 18 year old senior in high school and I've recently suffered an early miscarriage at 4 weeks. The only person who even knew I was pregnant was my cousin who is a RN, so I don't really have a support system.
The father of my baby is a friend with benefits. I don't even know if I'd call him that, since he's been a real butthead... We only got together a handful of times. I don't know if I should tell him about the miscarriage or not, because I don't know if he'd believe me or if he'd think I was just trying to get him to pity me.
Even though it was early in the pregnancy and the pregnancy was unplanned, we even used protection, I'm feeling really emotional right now. I got my positive first response test on Christmas Eve, December 24, and the next day I started bleeding and cramping like crazy. I didn't tell anyone because my family thinks I'm the perfect child and I didn't want to ruin the holiday. My mother still thinks I'm a virgin and that I don't even talk to boys.
I'm just struggling to act like everything is normal when I just lost a baby. I've always wanted to be a mother. Of course, the situation was wrong and I'm not financially stable, but those things don't make this any easier on me. I'm at a loss for what to do.

I felt as if I had to reply to this even though I am a male and have never been through anything like this. First of all I'd recommend you tell the father. Even if it is a friends with benefits situation, he should still take responsibility if a pregnancy occurs. If he is a dick about it, leave him out. Although though it is cliche, the phrase "Nobody's perfect" is very true. My suggestion would be to tell your preferred parent or someone else you can trust, that will be able to sympathize with you. If you are still living with your mother, I'd recommend telling someone else, just in case. This emotional state is natural, you've just lost your child and it is completely understandable. There is always an opportunity in the future to have a child when you are more financially stable and potentially with a loving, caring partner. I hope this helps even just in the slightest.
Right now what you need it support. Speak to people even if it hurts; its better than keeping your feelings suppressed.