Support Forums

Full Version: Grades are making my anxiety and depression worse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, ever since middle school started i've had a bad track record with grades. right now i have an A, B, C, and 2 D's i believe. I try my hardest, and my mom doesn't see that. I'm a junior in high school and the way my mom looks at me just makes me feel so worthless and incompetent, as if i'm such a disappointment. I honestly do try really hard, but i am diagnosed with a.d.d. and haven't received medication for it, due to possible conflictions with current meds, and i got offered to join a modified class for people with learning disabilities, but i really want to major in literature and i dont want to go to college and have an application saying i was in special ed. I just, my anxiety is at an all time high right now.

I literally just finished my homework, i go to the kitchen to get some milk and my mom glares at me in this rude tone if i did my homework, i show her my 6 pages of physiology and history homework i did today, and all i get is a "you need to work harder, i'm still pissed about your grades" And her logic is that if you get a d or f in a class, you're just not trying, when in actuality its not that at all, i do try really hard, it's just that when test times come, i freak out, my anxiety kicks in and i just lose all memory of my studies the previous night(s) and i do poorly on the test. I've been doing pretty good on recent math tests, but still stuck with a D. I'm trying my hardest and my mom is just ungrateful, and puts me down even when i show her i'm trying. I do all my homework, i do poorly on my tests. I just dont know what to do.

just feel so useless, unappreciated, worthless, and my mom thinks of me as a huge disappointment. Lately every day has been a struggle. My anxiety has spiked and everywhere i look i feel like people are judging and laughing at my every action or feature. Any advice?