Support Forums

Full Version: Need help for a friend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello SF!

I'm not looking for help right now, but someone that I've known for a very long time on my TeamSpeak server (for nearly 3 years now) is showing symptoms of depression. I'm not 100% sure what triggered it, but I do know his parents are getting divorced and he's moving to his father's house next week. I don't know him IRL (as he's in Canada and I'm in Texas :p), but we're as close as 2 people can be online. I really do care about him and I do want to help him through this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
The best advice i could give you is to talk to him. Discuss everything he's willing to discuss. It's also important to let him know you're there for him.

Often times people with depression never seek help because they feel like a burden. Assure him that that's not the case and that you're always there for him. Divorce can be tricky, but there are tons of guides on Google where you can learn to help.

Best of luck.