Support Forums

Full Version: Advice please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm feeling very lost at the moment, so i need some advice or re-assurance.
I am confused about a lot of things 1.) I have really bad social anxiety. 2.) I don't know what my sexuality is.
1.) I hate contact with other people and get really scared in social situations, i once got to the local swimming pool got changed and then left because there were too many people, I also can't keep eye contact with people on the street (i just try and not look at people).
2.) Being a social pariah (slight exaggeration) i don't know many people and up until fairly recently i haven't even thought about my sexuality i just presumed i was heterosexual. But I've never actually wanted to have sex with anyone and i'm not sexually aroused by specific genders.
I really don't know what to think, it wouldn't bother me so much but i have no sex life and never had. I've never even kissed a girl. I want to know what my sexuality is and the only way i can be sure is by having sex but i can't talk to people and i can only shudder at the thought of getting physical. I'm very lonely at the moment and want to feel loved and to experience this stuff but i feel i'm in a rut and cannot escape.
BTW I'm 17 male UK
~U_D~[/font]
You sound like you could be depressed. I say this because you show a lack of sexual interest, that's a big symptom of depression. You could benifit from seeing a psychologist, social anxiety is very common, and the best way to cure it is to face it. Go out more, meet new people, step out of your comfort zone and as hard as this is.. don't over think everything. Being 17, and a virgin is not uncommon. It's nothing to be ashamed of, so don't let that hold you down.

My advice, get out more with a close friend and branch out from there, and see a psychologist to help with your Social Anxiety.
You have a very similar case to a buddy of mine. Just talk to your friends and family and stick in there, things will get better.

Maybe seek professional help if it persists.