Support Forums

Full Version: I saw something very upsetting today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It may seem silly to some, but I saw something upsetting, disturbing today that I just can't get off my mind. It's nothing I can do anything about, nothing I can fix, but it just upset me so bad today.

We were going for a drive and along the way a deer ran across the road ahead of us, and as I looked as it ran up onto the grass hill, I noticed it's right front leg looked odd, and at first I thought it was deformed, but as I looked closer noticed that the poor deer's foot had been broken off and was just hanging by a piece of skin. It was probably hit by a car on another road in the direction it was running from or something to sustain such a horrific injury. I just got so heartsick, upset and sick to my stomach and had empathy rush over me. I just felt so bad for this poor animal. The pain it is suffering must really be horrible and it broke my heart thinking of this poor thing in pain. It was so thin looking. It ran off into the woods.

I have been upset all day and on the verge of tears. I can only imagine how that poor deer must feel... I just can't get it off my mind.

My husband was with me, he was driving at the time and I don't know if he saw what I saw, and I didn't want to say anything. He gets upset when we see a dead deer along the road and I didn't want to upset him, or anyone else I know for that matter.

Maybe I just need to get it out, so I thought I would post here about it.

I love animals and just hate to see them harmed or injured. I just can't shake the feelings I got from this today. Just before signing up here, I was actually crying out loud over it... I don't understand why this is hitting me so hard.

Thanks for letting me get this out...

~ Evelyn Sad
Dear Evelyn,

You're a sweet person, Believe it or not the deer probably isn't as upset about it as you are. There isn't much you can do at this point, however next time remember this:

"As soon as you see an injured animal, immediately call 9-1-1 or other local emergency numbers to get medical help to the site as quickly as possible."
-http://voices.yahoo.com/how-help-injured-deer-other-wildlife-the-7497452.html

Im sure the deer will carry on with it's day, and it's quite possible it's put it's condition out of it's head and is just doing what he/she can do carry on.

I think it's great that there are people like you that display this much affection for animals, continue caring.
Thanks Debra. We are sort of newer to the area and I haven't checked out local wildlife care organizations, which I will research a.s.a.p. and program into my mobile phone. I used to know who to call where we used to live... Now that we live in deer country, along with so much other wildlife, I must know who to call. Thanks again.

(07-28-2013, 06:31 PM)Debra Morgan Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Evelyn,

You're a sweet person, Believe it or not the deer probably isn't as upset about it as you are. There isn't much you can do at this point, however next time remember this:

"As soon as you see an injured animal, immediately call 9-1-1 or other local emergency numbers to get medical help to the site as quickly as possible."

Im sure the deer will carry on with it's day, and it's quite possible it's put it's condition out of it's head and is just doing what he/she can do carry on.

I think it's great that there are people like you that display this much affection for animals, continue caring.
(07-28-2013, 07:03 PM)EJK Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Debra. We are sort of newer to the area and I haven't checked out local wildlife care organizations, which I will research a.s.a.p. and program into my mobile phone. I used to know who to call where we used to live... Now that we live in deer country, along with so much other wildlife, I must know who to call. Thanks again.

(07-28-2013, 06:31 PM)Debra Morgan Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Evelyn,

Good idea, you'd be surprised what local organizations can accomplish. I hope you're able to put this out of your mind, and you can be at peace with it. Thanks for caring for the earths animals and thanks for stopping by SF!