Support Forums

Full Version: paranoid schzophrenia daughter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am suffering from the effects of my daughter who is paranoid schizophrenia and the episodes are becoming more frequent and more serious. She is married and I feel like her environment and her relationship are compounding her problem. The biggest problem is that her husband does not correspond or cooperate with informing the family of her real conditions. We get phone calls with her raging against me or family and we have done nothing to trigger this reaction. The family feels like our hands are tied because of her being married and we no input to help with her care. So many complications and complex problems and it is taking such an emotional strain on me as her mother. What can I do, I don't feel like my daughter is in a safe place.
Normally it's not right to poke your nose into your daughter's business, but in this case i'd say it's essential. I'd talk to your son in law, and explain how you're feeling. It may be awkward, but you need to let him know how this is effecting your life for the worse. If you don't feel she's in a safe place, then immediate action should be taken. Only talk to her once you have told your son in law how you feel, that way there's no surprises.

Best of luck,
Deb
It's your daughter, you should try to involve yourself in her life as much as possible and help her through the hard times. When you reach the end, you will know you helped solve her issues and helped towards a good outcome.

Stick with her, keep trying to help her despite how many times she knocks you back.
My partner is soon to be diagnosed with either Paranoid Personality Disorder, or Paranoid Schizophrenia. I am very scared, I am concerned that I may get into a similar situation to what this poor women is outlining.

I don't know whether the love I hold for him will be enough to deal with this. And I worry so much that he will deteriorate.

Does anyone know of any forums/support sites specifically aimed at friends/family of people suffering with mental disorders?
Sad to hear Sir, I hope the doctors find a cure.
You are a very caring mother if anything. I would say call her sometimes to tell her that you care about her and that you are always there for her. Tell her to call you anytime she needs you. There has to be times in her childhood that she believed that you loved her. Remind her of those memories. Send her her favorite snack or flower to remind her that you cared for her. And that if anything happened. you would be her shelter. I said these because this was what my parents did for me. I hated them so much and they did that for me. Unconditionally. I don't know how I would have went through the tunnel without all of that. I was in some seriously bad place. I hope that you and your daughter can come out from that as well.