Support Forums

Full Version: I just need advice...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(I'm sorry for the length)
To understand you just need to know that I'm a 16 year old boy and my problems are scattered.

I guess the best place to start is that back in February I got my first girlfriend. I have always been a very very timid person before I get to know someone, so that's why it took her asking me out to get me a GF. She was amazing. She was the first person that I ever fully trusted and never made me angry. She was more than an amazing gf because she was a good friend and I loved talking to her.

Well she moved down here to Tennessee from Michigan about a year ago. When she did, she was in a long-distance relationship with a guy that she broke up with after a year. I could always tell that she had issues related to that and the move and many other things involving her family, but she wouldn't talk about it, so I didn't pry and we had fun.

This all came together on her birthday when I could tell that she didn't feel good and was hiding something. I kept telling her that it was alright and that she could tell me what was wrong and that no matter what it was, even if she wanted to break up with me, it didn't matter so long as she just got it out. As it turns out, she apparently felt that her problems were numerous and that she had been ignoring them because of me and my own issues. Consequently, she said that she wanted to just be friends if only for a bit so that she could get her life straight. I told her that if that's what she wanted, then that was fine and then we split up. People were complaining about it because everyone loved us being together.

Well we still talked everyday even when the summer began a few weeks ago. Some things changed, and others didn't. Namely, she still won't stop singing my praise. She always said I was amazing and deserved better than her (she really doesn't know how awesome she is) and I'm the best person ever and she never once said a bad thing about me. That has continued and it makes me feel awkward, really awkward. I am a man of logic and it doesn't follow to me that she would leave something she thinks is so amazing. I know I shouldn't apply logic to it, but that's just how I am. Now I'm at the point where I'm pining to be in a relationship again and I feel weird talking to her. It's bad because I think I still love her. I've been waiting for her to get passed her issues, everyone, including her mother told me I should wait, but now she seems content with being friends and I feel lost and confused. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to stop talking to her because that would drive me insane and she's too good a friend and she told me that she likes that we talk so much.

My other issues are shorter. First, I have a very bad relationship with my parents. I feel distant from them and that mostly is a result of their divorce a few years back. It's made worse by my mom having a boyfriend that I hate. It leaves me alone with no one to talk to at home. The exception being my 23 year old brother. For years he was my only friend and he and I are very close. I can't really talk to him about emotional stuff, but he's supportive and he's just a great friend. Well, today he told me that he plans to become an expat and leave the country for a few years. I don't really know how to take it.

I know this stuff is petty and stupid, but it's bothering me and my ex is the only person I would normally talk to about this stuff, but I'm afraid to tell her all of it. I guess I'm looking for advice on how to deal with these. I don't really know. This is stupid and petty and people out there have much worse problems, but any help is nice. Saying anything would really help me.
If you still love her, and she's coming off as interested, then by all means go for it. If you feel like she's only interested in being friends, and you've talked to her about moving forward in your relationship and she's not open to it than it's time to move on bud.

I hear you in regards to your brother leaving mind moved out too. But the best part about living in the year 2013 is all the access we have to technology. Skype, FB, facetime, texting etc are all ways we can stay in touch with one another. take advantage of that.

It's not stupid, it's called life. Just be strong and consider the things i have said, im here if you need to talk.
have you ever thought about relocating? could be fun and if you guys are that close it could be worth it
(08-01-2013, 07:26 AM)iSymplix Wrote: [ -> ]have you ever thought about relocating? could be fun and if you guys are that close it could be worth it

I don't think it's a good idea to move for a female. If they break up he's left stranded with no help in and unfamiliar environment.