Support Forums

Full Version: I Need Help :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I haven't talked to anyone about this and I just really need to say some things. I feel like I'm living a total lie. I always pretend I'm happy and that I've got it made, but I've actually been screwed over quite a bit.

My family has always been pretty poor, and my parents never thought dental care was super important. Well, I'm turning 19 this month, and they finally took me to the dentist. It turns out my teeth are pretty bad, and since I still have 2 baby teeth, the adult teeth behind them will need to be pulled and replaced. I will never be able to afford that. Also, I'm going to have braces until I'm 21. I'm actually pretty grateful though. I know a lot of people never get braces, and I'm really happy my teeth will finally be straight.

My other problem is that I will be graduating this year. See, my parents never thought education was that important, so they home schooled me until I was 16. When I started public school, it should have been my sophomore year. Unfortunately, because I never did any work at home and had no credits, the school held me back a grade. After I graduate this year, I really want to move out and attend college, but my parents can't even afford to send me to community college. I can't apply for financial aid or scholarships either because of my parents.

My third problem is that I absolutely cannot drive for the life of me! My parents sent my two brothers to drivers ed, but could never afford to send me. I am 19 and have no license! It's so humiliating.

I always tell my friends that I'm happy, but I'm sad all the time now. I've worked so hard in my life. I made honor roll every semester, and I scored more than 2,000 points above average on my SATs last year. I was cheer captain, and now I'm the captain of the tennis team. I've never smoked, never tried any drugs, and never drank. I've worked really, really hard for my future, and now I feel like I'm at a dead end. After I graduate, I have no where else to go.

The thing I want most in my life right now is to move out. My home life is miserable. My mother is an alcoholic, and she fights with my dad all the time. She kicked him out of their room about ten years ago, and he's been sleeping on the couch ever since. They are too poor to get a divorce. I'm so busy all the time with sports and school work, but I have to do all the laundry and dishes! It makes me so upset, and so tired. Also, I'm a total neat freak, but my house is a huge mess. There is trash everywhere because my brothers don't pick up after themselves. It drives me insane.

I just feel like life would be so much less complicated if I lived in a little apartment on my own, but the economy is so bad that I haven't been able to find a job. I don't know what to do or what options I have, but I cry all the time and I just haven't felt like my self at all lately. I've been snapping at all of my friends and I feel like I'm not myself! Sorry that this seems like a lot of self pity. I know a lot of people are worse off than I am right now.
Please private message me if you still need help about this! I'll help you!
Sounds rough, I hope that you can get through it.
Things will always get better, and you will come out stronger than ever and be able to create the life you want. Just never give up hope and never be afraid to ask for help.
You sound like a perfect girl to live with, Neat, focused, according to the description beautiful, not a whore I wish you lived near where i live
Ever think about marring a older man, one that has his life together, has his own place, doesn't act like a child, and would treat you like a queen...

Because it's a hard world out there, and hard choices have to be made. The days of getting what you want are over, it's what you need. And what are you willing to do to get it ?
Are you still in need of assistance? I feel like I am bumping this thread, but I want to start helping members. Please let me know as soon as possible if you want to talk.
Yeah, you should be happy that you're getting braces! Many people can't afford them. Many people pay for their post secondary learning through their work. Do you have a job? That would be a step in the right direction. Driving comes with practice, some people are naturals, and others need to spend days behind the wheel to feel comfortable. You're still young, and your life is just getting started. Don't let your parents limit you, they are the reason you have got this far. By the sound of it, you'll be fine, you have good grades, you were cheer captain, and now the tennis captain. You're obviously doing something right! Just get a job, and start saving