Support Forums

Full Version: Fuel sending unit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, i thought my fuel pump went out the other day, so i pull my box off. And take out the module. But upon a bench test of my pump, it tried to pressurize, it just quits after a second and my engine gets no fuel. Ideas?
(11-09-2009, 11:50 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, i thought my fuel pump went out the other day, so i pull my box off. And take out the module. But upon a bench test of my pump, it tried to pressurize, it just quits after a second and my engine gets no fuel. Ideas?

Hi my Bro, Good old uncle B@nNeD is here to try & help you. now from the details you have given I'm thinking you may have a blockage somewhere, now some fuel pumps will pump until they reach a certain pressure & then stop this is normally common in injected vehicles. But when it is a (carburetter) naturally aspirated engine normally the pump will be constantly running. Just give me a little bit more detailed info & I'm sure we can solve your problem. Happy to help

B@nNeD
(11-12-2009, 06:56 AM)B@nNeD Wrote: [ -> ]Hi my Bro, Good old uncle B@nNeD is here to try & help you. now from the details you have given I'm thinking you may have a blockage somewhere, now some fuel pumps will pump until they reach a certain pressure & then stop this is normally common in injected vehicles. But when it is a (carburetter) naturally aspirated engine normally the pump will be constantly running. Just give me a little bit more detailed info & I'm sure we can solve your problem. Happy to help

B@nNeD
Nope, fuel injected. I can blow air through all the lines, and my filter.
Ok so you don't have a blockage in your fuel lines, Now when you done your bench test was the output of your pump an open line or did you seal it? and when you powered up the pump does it's cut-out time vary or is it stopping at a consistant time period & is fuel comming out of your output of your fuel pump? when testing

B@nNeD
I did the bench both sealed and broke. When the pump turns on it lasts the same amount of time each time. Like ya know when you turn your key you hear it pressurize? It makes that sound then quits.
OK if fuel comes out when it is running I'd check my injectors.But if no fuel is comming out this could mean your pump is making noise but is not pumping proprley. Also if fuel is comming out it may not be at a high enough pressure to run your injectors if you feel this could be the case just use a pressure gauge to measure it's pressure if it is under it's rated pressure this will mean that the pump needs to be replaced possibly

B@nNeD
Well I got sick of trying to figure it out and got a whole new sending unit.
(11-16-2009, 08:47 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I got sick of trying to figure it out and got a whole new sending unit.

All good.