Support Forums

Full Version: Need help again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: I'm just starting from the top since I don't want you guys to have to read all of my long previous threads as well as this one.

Okay. Firstly I'm 17 and a kissless virgin. Tongue

There's some girl I've been trying to get with for a bit, she's kinda geeky (which I like) but very cute and fit. I work out at the local rec center and she works out at home. We've talked a lot and we text a lot (pretty much daily and sometimes until she goes to bed). I've danced with her at dances before and she's been in a few of my classes. We talk a lot in class and a little after school, too (both walk home).

She's moving after high school to go to a very nice university, I'm going to the one in my city which is still decent but not as prestigious. She has a mid 90s average in school.

We both read a lot (I like being the geek I am ) and like the same books, both like the same types of movies, can talk for hours, etc. I asked her a week ago or so if she had seen Skyfall, she said she had but that she would have "totally gone" to see it with me if she hadn't, and that if I found a good movie let her know. Asked her about The Hobbit when it came out, and now we're planning to go see it.

I asked about a specific time and date and she said she hadn't been thinking about it much and had no idea and that we'll talk when it's out for a bit.

I just learned yesterday that she just got a black belt in Taekwondo (3rd dan) and has multiple black belts (different martial arts), she takes art for 3 hours on Sunday and is somewhat of an artist, and that she also has a job apparently lol. This was when I asked her if she'd like to go on a walk/cycle to the local cafe, since we live by each other. She said it sounded like fun but that we'd have to reschedule (when I said the time I was thinking of), but we'll definitely do it some other time....

Granted I did ask her at 9:30pm for the next day, when she was exhausted and just came home from testing for her Taekwondo belt all day.

Now I had no idea she did any martial arts. O.o

Oh, and she said to not tell anyone at all about the martial arts because she likes to keep it on the down-low (you guys don't count Tongue)

When we text she always asks about my weekends/days and such, but hates talking about herself, and never brags.

The thing is, her parents seem pretty strict too, and if she's doing all of this crazy overachieving extracurricular stuff, I have a feeling they won't want her seeing a guy.

Not sure where to go from here. Just wait for the Hobbit to come out and go from there, and just text?

P.S: To my knowledge she's never dated before... She's beautiful too though. Tongue

P.P.S: All I know is that I really like her, love talking to her, we seem like we click and that I love being around her.... The end goal here isn't to get in her pants or anything, I just want to go and have fun together Smile
You seem to be doing pretty good in my opinion.
What is it you need help with?

She is pretty busy but seems interested enough. You aren't 13 so it's not much of a parent's choice whether or not you guys can hang out. I think you're headed in the right direction and will probably after a few dates she could become your girlfriend. Now, how far away is the university she's going to? That can become a problem seeing as distance relationships GENERALLY (not always) don't work out.

I'd say enjoy your time with her while you can but don't be too pushy like "The Hobbit came out, common! Lets go! Now now now!". Just remind her once that's you planned to watch it with here and it's good. Tongue
(12-02-2012, 08:24 PM)Zammyslave Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to be doing pretty good in my opinion.
What is it you need help with?

She is pretty busy but seems interested enough. You aren't 13 so it's not much of a parent's choice whether or not you guys can hang out. I think you're headed in the right direction and will probably after a few dates she could become your girlfriend. Now, how far away is the university she's going to? That can become a problem seeing as distance relationships GENERALLY (not always) don't work out.

I'd say enjoy your time with her while you can but don't be too pushy like "The Hobbit came out, common! Lets go! Now now now!". Just remind her once that's you planned to watch it with here and it's good. Tongue

Thank you. Smile

Well what I'm a bit worried about is that her parents may be concerned about having her going out with a guy. I guess today she was just busy, but if she ever says no to me (or any girl) I'll probably be wondering if she is actually interested or not. :$

I'm also worried about the fact that I may not seem very desirable.... I guess she seems like she likes me already....

...but she takes piano lessons (can teach), 3rd dan black in taekwando + black in karate, takes art lessons and is great, and has an average that's about 10% higher than mine in school lol (mid 80s for me....). So damn successful heh, and I don't feel very successful compared to that. :/

She's also been teasing me that I'm an awkward dancer from when I was dancing with her!! Mad I haven't practiced much lol!

I just hope her parents don't get all pissed off, and that she actually likes me as much as I think she does. :$

TL;DR:
Do I just wait for the Hobbit and take it slow, I guess? I don't want to just jump into a relationship, I don't even know what she wants because she'd never tell me. If I did end up being a boyfriend I hope I wouldn't be sub-par. Sad

Oh, and the university she's going to is about a 2 hour drive away, give or take 10 minutes.

(12-02-2012, 08:24 PM)Zammyslave Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say enjoy your time with her while you can but don't be too pushy like "The Hobbit came out, common! Lets go! Now now now!". Just remind her once that's you planned to watch it with here and it's good. Tongue

Okay. Smile
As long as I know, you want to have fun together but you are afraid that you will be apart when joining a University?
I think you should go for it. LDR works and it is 2 hour drive. Just take it slow and ask what she feels when you feel it's the time.

I hope you have a great time with her.