Support Forums

Full Version: Catholic school help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I go to a catholic high school and need four more credits (not counting theology which is only required at the school;not by the state) to graduate with a honors diploma. When I brought this up to my school counselor and vice principal they both said "we don't allow students to graduate early. Students tend to graduate from here with 56 credits". I only need 49! It cost my parents 8,000 year to send me there. Why would they do this? They say it makes students look better but a administrative representative at a college says that what they say is false and it would look 100x better if I gradutaed early!

If someone could help me
a. Understand my schools reasoning
B. Give me a way to get around this

I'd be grateful

Ps.I'm already looking into dual enrollment at a college to finish high school, but they need my high schools cooperation. Plus my school is already giving me a hard time about that
If you need 56 credits and you only have 49, you need to do more classes. Do anything, band, choir, orchestra, sports, anything that earns you credits.
However, it is impossible to take more than the allowed number of classes for a single day. Just try and take on some extra classes and see what you can do.
Sounds like they are pretty money greedy.

Honestly, if you told them that it's a financial up issue, which from your thread sounds like the case, they wouldn't make you stay.