Support Forums

Full Version: Potential friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I went to Bournemouth - my next closest town (I live in Poole) - and I was waiting for a friend to come down from Ferndown when she finished work. I arrived a bit early - around 7:45, and she was going to come down at around 9. So here I am, in the square which is the main bit of Bournemouth, where there are lots of people. Some really cute emo guy starts to do the same thing I am doing... leaning against lamp posts and things, walking around slowly in irregular circles and swapping between looking around nervously and looking back down at our phones. He was there for about 20 minutes.

The thing is, I spotted him and kept looking at him for a large portion of that 20 minuyes once I realised he was staying in the square in the invisble circles he was walking. He was also looking at me and around the place when he wasn't on his phone. I think we were both there to meet friends but it looked like he wanted to come up and talk to me. He walked quite closely at one point as if he was going to say something but didn't bother. I REALLY wanted to go up to him and speak to him too... to say hi and maybe make a new friend. But we both seemed to be nervous.

As I say, I wanted to talk to him and it looked like he wanted to talk to me... and this sort of incident has happened before... but if I do go up to someone to try and make new friend, what the hell on earth do I say? What if they seem disinterested and reject your invite to talking? How do I approach them? All I need is some advice on what is best to do so I can avoid this as when he left I slapped myself in the face because I did nothing.

Thank you VERY much for any advice.

King regards,

Lewis.
Ok, so by the looks of it, I am assuming you are either gay or bisexual. With that being said, you shouldn't feel awkward in the slightest. You know something that is a HUGE deal. You are both gay. Right off the bat, you two have something in common. Something that will likely not change. You just need to approach him, calmly talk to him. Just like making a friend at school or work, just joke around, have fun, but most importantly: be yourself.
(11-24-2012, 07:17 AM)Guac Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, so by the looks of it, I am assuming you are either gay or bisexual. With that being said, you shouldn't feel awkward in the slightest. You know something that is a HUGE deal. You are both gay. Right off the bat, you two have something in common. Something that will likely not change. You just need to approach him, calmly talk to him. Just like making a friend at school or work, just joke around, have fun, but most importantly: be yourself.

yup, was thinking the same about the bisexual thing.