Support Forums

Full Version: Not Sure About Life...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm an atheist, and my parents are LDS (Mormon). If I don't follow the standards of an LDS person, then they do dumb things like, taking my car, or grounding me from my friends. The things I do aren't necessarily bad, but they just aren't Mormon standards.

For example, my parents caught my girlfriend and I engaging in sexual activity, and they told me if I didn't break up with her, then I just couldn't see anybody, or do anything at all. For a while I didn't break up with her, and they didn't let me do anything. I can't leave because I'm already 16, and I don't have anywhere to go, but I have a job and I'm saving up to go away for school when I graduate.

Does anybody have any advice? I hate my home, and my family, and I don't know what to do. My parents pretty much make my choices for me. They always say "You don't have good judgement", which may be true with a lot of things, but they make me choose between being grounded for the week or attending church. Things like that should be my choice.
You have a car and im 17 I don't... Ok anyways back to subject get your car back and drive away....don't look back ether.
I think we all go through stages of disliking our current position. But it's a matter of either biting the bullet, or leaving like AMD says.
Well, there are definitely loads of cases similar to this with many families.

I'd suggest that you suck it up until you're 18 & when you've saved up enough money & can drive your car, just start renting a place whilst you're staying with your parents & when they try to control you again, leave & go make your own life.

Try sitting down with them, tell them that they cannot control your life, tell them that you want to make your own choices & that you want your own lifestyle, not theirs.

Just say that it's not for you & you want your own life. If they tell you no, then walk out, drive away & don't talk to them for a week or so. They will begin to miss you & think about what you said & should eventually come around.

You need to show them how serious your feelings are. Just make sure you don't do anything stupid, where will that get you, huh?

Good luck Sir! Blackhat