Support Forums

Full Version: My huge ego
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went out on a date with a girl and the next day my buddy and I were texting her from my phone pretending to be drunk and out with friends and girls, etc. The reason we did this is people after one date, this girl, who by the way is 17 (I'm 20) has begun so attached to me and already began telling him mom about me and showing her photos. She tells me that her mom approves me of me! I told her that we only went out on a single date and she insists that she's aware of that but we're not on the same page.

Now here's where the problem comes in. Since I started talking to her (including the date) I got very used to her giving me so much attention and throwing herself at me without so much as having to put effort into stimulate a conversation topic. Now, yesterday I went into work and she works with me (which is another detail I left out but you can still help me out without knowing that) and I was just telling me friend how weird it is that all this time I was playing with her about how annoying it is to be so clingy and up my ass all the time and when I went into work, for some odd reason, all I kept thinking in my head is "I hope she notices me or looks at me" or something like that. Which is really confusing!

My friend says it's my ego (and not because I like her) and that I have to put it aside since I'm used to her throwing herself at me. Is that a fair assessment? If so, how do I do that?
Hey , It seem like it has a bit due to ego , but I think it may be a lack of appreciation, since it seems like you rather your friends think highly of you rather than saying how you actually feel. If you ever get down or alone , it seems this girl will be there and you will remember how important that is.
Hey... I want to say that may be she's not giving u attention now is just whats bothering you.. coz we humans are like that only.. we feel worthy only when someone's. Showering their attention on us.. otherwise we feel unwanted.. kind of unwanted... so maybe that's the case with u too..