Support Forums

Full Version: Insecurity ruining my relationship? Need some tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To start with I'm not out for pity or deep and meaningfuls or anything. Basically I am almost 20 in a relationship for almost two years now with a guy I love more than anything. Objectively, I'm pretty/cute and intelligent with a proportionate figure. I try to be generous and understanding and basically strive to be a good person. I'm studying to get a diploma for the career path I want to follow, so all in all I suppose I'm not a bad catch. However I have been struggling with depression and anxiety and every week or so I'll be on a horrible low for a couple of days where all I can think is that I'm ugly, fat, stupid, worthless, lazy, bitchy, passive-aggressive and all the rest of it and can't see why my boyfriend would stay with me because I can't see any good in myself. As a result, he can't even txt another girl or like a girl's photo on facebook (innocently) without me assuming that he's trying to get into her. When I'm in my right mind and thinking rationally I know it's stupid, but when I'm in one of my ruts I just lose it and am horrible to him and impossible to talk to or console in any way. He can tell me he loves me as much as he likes and I can try to convince myself that too, but I'm sure that everyone knows what it's like when you're in that irrational headspace and working yourself into a frenzy.

Basically looking for any pointers on how to control this insecurity when it gets out of hand, or stop it before it gets to that point in the future? I am afraid that if I keep going like this my partner will get sick of it one day (I would in all fairness) and would kick myself if I lost him for something stupid and irrational like this.
I just kicked myself out of this, and even though her and I are taking a break, I still feel the same way admittedly at times... the best way is just to trust him. My lack of trust caused me anger, and eventually caused her to just give up and do what she thought I expected... childish yes, but we're both 20 as well...

Have trust, if he says he loves you, trust him. Be confident that he loves you. Also, you have great goals and are working towards them. Keep it up and you'll be fine.