Support Forums

Full Version: mental illness mom, i am so giving up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey,
i have dealt with a mother who has mental illness for almost a decade now. and prior to that 5 years of drinking and arguing. im an only child who she raised well and provided for all my needs, im really grateful. but she drank a lot, became somewhat skitzo, with a ton of other delusions. its so hard to deal with, i really feel on my own and it seems when i try to talk to other people about it they really cant even grasp the craziness the she has spit into the phone and i try to bare with. and other times shes my sweet old mom again. needless to say, i have struggled professionally and personally, in relationships and friendships. i am at my last wit, and i know i cant do this without support. this is the first place i found, i just want people to talk to. i want to be happy and live life without having a bleeding heart everyday.
We're glad you came here first and we're here to support. It's sweet you care about your mum so much.
That's really sweet that you want to take care of your mom. You should keep doing it. This is happening to you for a reason. You are great with people, don't give up now. If you give up, Your family would be sad and so would your friends. You career would be gone.
hi.
Look up support groups in your area, you can meet with other carers of the mentally ill and build friendships with people going through the same as you. Many of them will have advice and coping techniques that will help you.
Do you know of the action group MIND? check out their site too.

http://www.mind.org.uk/

Good luck, my sister has problems and it's so much worry and stress sometimes, but at least i can walk away when it gets too much, and she has carers who do the hard work now.
Hey its really awesome that you are helping your mother so much , Ive volunteer in a nursing home and its very sad to see when the residents have no one to visit , Doing difficult things for the people you love , builds character and people will want to be with you for that