Support Forums

Full Version: My Life for You!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(For safety I will call myself Worloga.)

Hello my name is Worloga and I have been told that “Life is what we make it!”. This been something that I was told all my life, let me tell you this it is true to an extent. Why to an extent you might ask well let me tell you life is what you make it but a lot of times life likes to choose a path for you that most wouldn't want. Along life's path we come along so many bumps that would like to take us off it and put us in a hole of despair that we cannot see a way out of and my life has been no exception. Through out my life I have ran into so many bumps that even a psychologist has told me that it is a shock. The choices I have made in life are both bad and good, I have had bumps thrown at me and some bumps I just walked into. What I would like to do is tell you my life story so that you might get inspiration to not give into the holes of despair that you might fall into but know that there is a way out. I also hope that you will use my life as a guide line of things not to do because I will tell you it will lead no where. It is said learn from your past and let it make your future easier well learn from my past and use it to improve your life and your future.

Where to begin when it comes to telling your life story is something that I am having a problem deciding on. Where to start! Do I start from birth or do I just roll up my sleeves and throw you right into it. Lets start from the beginning so that you can see that my life hasn't been all crazy. I was born in Louisiana in 1984 and to what I remember it was a simple easy birth no complications. I was born weighing 10lbs 8oz and all I have to say is that my poor mother must have had a field day with me. My dad I do not know to much about because he hasn't been around for most my life but what I do remember of him was riding a lawn mower and listening to him and my mother fighting through a air-conditioner vent. I can't remember what the arguing was about because as a kid I didn't make to much since of it, all I remember is loud yelling. My mother is a nice lady she grew up in a house of 3 and has had an interesting life of her own, some of the bad things in here life I have even shared with her. My sister I cannot say to much because we haven't really talked that much but to what I can tell she has had a nice life and to what I see on facebook she is still doing interesting things.

Earlier I mentioned hearing my mother and father yelling at each other through the vent and from there I will continue on with my life. The yelling I remember being loud and long and to what I understand it was because my father was fired from his job and started drinking and didn't want a job that paid less then the job he just had, this is what I have been told by my mother so just to let you know it is just one side but my mother hasn't lied to me in all my years of living with her so I trust her word. At some point it must of gotten to be to much for my mother because she packed up and took my sister and I to Georgia where we lived in a town near Atlanta and there is where it all begins. In the small town we lived in a duplex and my mother worked a lot of the time which left my sister and I with a lot of free time, you might look at this as something that is bad to leave kids alone but being a single mother isn't easy and having two kids makes it a financial challenge. During that free time me and my sister have had some fun time and terrible times. I remember jumping off the porch onto a couple blankets that we placed on the ground just for the fun of it, we pretended to be sky divers except we didn't have parachutes. There was a time during this free time that I decided to play around in the woods behind our place and I remember hearing the rustle of leaves in the distance. I waited there listening to the rustling and heard a bark coming from that direction so of course I turned around and headed home in a fast fashion, basically I ran like crazy. Getting close to the stairs leading up the the porch I turned around and guess what I saw...not just a dog but two rottweilers running at me. Can you imagine it two rottweilers running at you! Well it is safe to say I have never climbed stairs faster then that day. They chased me up the stairs and I am thankful there was two because they tripped over each other trying to get to me if it was just one it probably would of gotten to me quicker. They jumped at the door for a while then a sharp whistle in the distance made them head home.

Has anyone ever had fun with their sister and dressed up? I remember dressing up with my sister and let me tell you it isn't fun when you are a guy but with my sister as my only friend at the time you make due. I have played barbies with my sister and gotten my head stuck inside of the barbie house because my sister told me there was a bigger house inside, you might laugh but at the time her word was golden to me. Growing up in the duplex I made a friend and we spent time together and we had fun times. They had a pool in the back of their place and a tire swing that went so high you actually flew over the trees and you felt so free. One day I was on the swing hanging out with my friend and his parents and his father had an idea of swinging on the tire swing and holding onto our hands. My friend went first and he made it and said it was the greatest thing ever, as a kid I am sure you know we don't really look at the dangers but more so the fun that it offers well I wasn't any different. It was my turn and when he grabbed my hand I felt something was wrong and I tripped just close to the spot where we started to leave the ground and that left his hold on me weak so when we got to the high point his grip slipped and I fell. That fall seemed to take forever but I will tell you this if you survive a fall from that high up you are happy for the long fall it means you get to be around that much longer. After a while of falling, I am sure it only took a couple seconds but it felt like minutes, I hit the ground and remember blackness. I remember opening my eyes and seeing my friend and his parents standing over me with a sigh of relief when I opened my eyes and they told me that I had stopped breathing, I haven't told my mother about this so shhh. After that event we were all more cautious about what we did with the tire swing. The pool was so much fun they had a zip line attached to between trees and the pool in between so you would zip line in and let go then fall into the pool. I had lots of fun times doing that but also bad times when I forgot to let go and that tree reached out and hugged me. The pool and tire swing weren't the only things we had fun with there was a big hill just down the street that we would ride out bikes down and have so much fun standing on the seat with one foot while the other was up near the handle bars, don't worry we never fell. I did get hurt though when I laid on a skateboard and went down the hill and hit a rock I got skinned up all over but hey we are kids we get scratches and scrapes. I remember racing the ice cream truck on my bike and the driver letting me win so that I could get an ice cream for free what a fun time that was. There were woods behind my friends house and we found this cluster of bushes that made a cool fort. One day we went to the fort and a guy walked in on us playing and asked to play we were friendly and said sure I mean it was our fort a place of security and a someone wanted to join. It brings sorrow to my soul to bring this up again but for the benefit of you I will. They guy played with us for a bit then for some reason he started to get a little more physical with me, to me it was just rough housing but to him it was something else. We played and the next thing I know I am being rapped. The experience of a rape where the person is just having their way with you is traumatic. My mind went blank I didn't know what to do but once he was done he wanted to get the message across that if I told I would be in trouble so he slammed my head into the ac unit and pushed my head against the metal part just inches from the fan spinning. He looked at me and my friend and said if I told that he would come back to me and finish the job then pushed my head harder into the metal then walked off. I went home and just sat on the couch until my mother got home and ran into her arms crying from what had happened and the fear of what might happen if I told. I told my mother anyways and she called the police and they guy was found and taken to jail. Being raped is something that will take the power from you but it is up to you if you let that power stay away or if you take it back let me tell you now take it back because there is no where else to go but down without it. A month had passed and my mother seemed to be home more often after that.

We lived there for a while without anymore issues until one day the neighbor came rushing in with a taser and chased me down with it, don't worry he wasn't a stranger he was a friend of my mothers and thought it was all in fun. My mother met a guy, his name I cannot remember so we shall call him D. D started out being nice until one day we were in the back of the duplex having a picnic and he wanted me to climb up a tree in the back that lead up to a tree house. I didn't want to do it because it scared me but he didn't care he grabbed me and pushed me up the tree with one hand then told me I had to stay up there till I got over the fear and came down myself so after a while of crying I climbed down. My mother met another guy and went on a date with him and asked D to babysit us, he didn't like that but did it anyways. His way of babysitting was placing us in our rooms and telling us we cannot leave even if the house was on fire, this meant not bathroom no seeing my sister and no outdoors. He went to sleep on the couch and I slipped out of my room and headed downstairs to my sisters room. Imagine a guy laying on the couch head faced towards where you need to go but snoring. I had to sneak by him to get to it and I did though when I reached the door I remember hearing him say something but then fell back to sleep. I spent the rest of the day with my sister until my mother got home and he left. Well you would think that was the last we would see of him but it wasn't he came back a couple days later and started to throw a fit to my mother because he liked her but she didn't feel the same I guess and he threw our tv out of the basement then went upstairs grabbed my mother and threw her to the ground. I stood there ready to try and help but he pushed me back and said if I had the balls to come and try something. My mother told me to go sit down I didn't want to but she said it with that motherly tone that made me do it. Imagine seeing your mother your only parent being pinned to the ground and thrown down stairs it isn't something you want to see. After a while he left and my mother got a restraining order on him but he would park his car down the street just out of the range and watch us. A couple days passed, I believe a week, and he stopped showing up. My mother meet a guy we called big Michael and he was a great guy.

My mother sister and I moved to a new area in Georgia and we had fun there was a YMCA down the street and the apartments looked great. I got new friends and we would explore the area and I remember this one time we were in the woods and my friend was yelling at me and pointing at my back I looked around and believe it or not a spider was on my back that had to be a tarantula, it was big like one, that was the second time in my life that I have ran like crazy. The YMCA down the street was fun and I remember this guy liking my sister and for some reason I though it would be fun to try and jump on his back, I think I embarrassed my sister. They had horses there and I loved being with the horses, cleaning them, feeding them, and trying to clean their shoes but couldn't because I was afraid of nicking the part in the middle and hurting them. There was a circle trail on the side of the barn that they would let us ride them around and I remember a black stallion they had it was so beautiful. I was assigned the black stallion one day for riding class, I was going to be learning how to ride on him. I was sitting there on the back of the horse trying to figure out how to make it go, don't laugh at me it was the first time I had been on a horse. The teacher thought it would be a good idea to smack the horse on the back, well it did make the horse go but it went fast! The horse was running with such speed that I felt myself pined to its back. They were yelling at me to sit up but I couldn't the force was holding me down, now that I think about that it might of just been fear who knows, and because I was down on the horse like that it only knew that it was suppose to go fast. The next thing I know I am starting to slide off the horse and seeing the hooves tromping on the ground. I decided if I was going to fall I would have to do it on my terms not the horses because if I kept waiting to fall I would end up under the horses hooves. I pushed myself off the horse and hit the ground rolling until a pole stopped me, don't worry I didn't get hurt just had the wind knocked out of me. The next day I went back and they put me on a plowing horse and let me tell you the view from the top of one of those is powerful. I had the horse walking around and was doing great until a branch fell out of the trees and landing square on the back of the horse and make it take off. I was shocked at first but quickly pulled the reigns next thing I know I am doing a lone ranger stand on the horse, you know where the horse is on two legs and the lone ranger is on the saddle with one hand on the reign and the other in the air. It was a good thing I did because the trainer told me if I didn't he would of jumped the fence and landed square into the building. Needless to say with the two days of bad luck riding horses I went to cleaning the horses instead, I would still ride one if offered don't get me wrong just needed a day without a chance of being thrown. I remember this one horse it was gray and old but it was a nice horse, well to me everyone else said it was the meanest horse there. This next part you might not believe me but I swear it happened! It was close to time for us to go and I looked at the horse in the eye and thought in my head like I was talking to him saying that I didn't want to leave him that I wish he could kick down the stall door and come with me and I had the image in my head of the stall door being kicked down and another image of him jumping over it. Well we started to head down the trail to get back to the main building of the ymca and halfway there we hear this screaming coming from behind us and I look around to see the gray old horse trotting right towards me. I stood there not knowing what to thing and the horse walked right up to me and just stopped right there. Believe it or not that happened and I am still shocked about it.

The guy my mother was dating, big Michael, invited us to come hang out with him and we did we had a great day and his place was so cool. There were pictures and furniture that I though was great! He was a guy that I wouldn't of mined calling dad but I guess that wasn't meant to be because the next thing I know we are getting a call telling us he died. I remember hearing that and feeling like someone had just punched me in the stomach. As time went on I started school up and lived my life normally until one day there was a tornado warning. My mother was a work that day and my sister and I were the only ones home. My mother called us and told us to head to the closet and stay there till she got home I said ok and hung up the phone. Never being in a tornado warning I didn't know how to react to it and did the stupid thing of looking out the window and the what I saw was the greatest force of power you will ever see. Looking out the window I saw not one but two tornadoes on the hill way in the distance and they joined into one. After seeing that I went to the closet with my sister and waited till my mother got home. The next day I was playing outside and there were still winds but nothing lethal so it was ok. I was playing outside in the wind enjoying the feeling of it blowing through my hair, fingers, and face. The wind started to pick up and I enjoyed it so much because it seemed to blow around me in a circle, it is hard to explain the feeling because you just have to be there. I remember the wind actually lifting me up off my feet, though now that I think about it I must of just gotten wind caught in my jacket which helped lifting me like blowing into a plastic bag. I was only off the ground for a second and stood there with an awe look on my face. Well a couple months went by and my mother met a guy we shall call G. He was a nice guy as well and we would play games together when we went to visit. After a while we moved in with him and my mother and G got married. From there I went to middle school and into high school where I graduated, nothing much happened in high school or middle school besides the normal stuff of popular kids picking on the non popular the goths picking on the popular kids and jocks so on so forth. In my senior year of high school I was diagnosed with cancer of the tongue, squemacell carcinoma. Being diagnosed with cancer is something that will put a shock to you because the C word is something you think you will never get and when you do you just don't want to believe it. I went through so many tests during this time and once they figured out what it was they scheduled a time for me to have surgery. The surgery is something I hope I never have to live through again because it isn't the greatest thing in the world to go to sleep one minute then wake up another with tubes sticking out of your neck and a catheter coming out of somewhere else. Well I had a golf ball size of my tongue taken out and all the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck taken out. The catheter wasn't that bad when they took out just a little uncomfortable the thing that I didn't like was the drainage tube being taken out of my neck. Imagine having a tube stuck in your neck the size of it equaling from the tip of your pinky finger to the base of your wrist. Now imagine that tube being in your neck when it healed and now imagine that being yanked out of your neck! It hurt and I hope I never have to live through that again. Having cancer changes you and has changed me, I now get sick easier I have trouble at times talking because I am missing half my tongue and getting ulcers easier in my mouth.

I graduated from high school with two honors, though due to having adhd I graduated in what they called special ed, and started college. I would love to say that I went to college and did great but I didn't I failed my class and ended up being homeless. I lived on the streets for several months and I will tell you it is terrible. Finding food was the challenge because places to sleep was easier to find as long as I found a bush or some other place that had enough room for me to sleep in and not get caught. I had friends who would take me in every now and then but I didn't want to impose on them so I tried not act like I had no where to go that night. I had one friend who took me in and I got a job working for a BBQ place, the name I wont place in here, well everything was going good till I walked in to my friends wife naked with another man and then the same day showing off her assets over a webcam. Anyone would probably not of told about this in my situation for fear of being kicked out but he was my friend and I told him he confronted her and she threw a fit and had me kicked out. Being on the street again I lost my job because I had not way of keeping track of time and being late for my work and slurring my words, that is what they told me. I didn't argue it and was homeless yet again trying to find places to sleep and getting a gun put in my face. I have been stabbed at because of the people I was hanging out with because I went into a depressive state of mind and started to do drugs that my friends brought when we hung out. It went on like that for a while until I decided that the situation I was in wasn't the best place for me and I left and started being homeless away from them. A month later a family took me in and helped me to get on my feet where I moved to Wisconsin to get away from all that was in Georgia. Living in Wisconsin I have learned that they do not call off work due to the possibility of snow and had a good laugh. In Wisconsin I lived with a friend and found a job and slowly started to get on my feet again where I met a women that I fell in love with and married. She had one child already and I love her as if she was my own and raise her as my own. The place I worked at closed down and I was without a job for a bit but found a job doing security. My wife and I had two more kids and we love them to death. While living out in the country area we had a blizzard and let me tell you what being a southern boy in that was crazy. I was headed home when the blizzard hit and was lucky to get close to home before I got caught in a snow drift. That blizzard was terrible because my car was stuck low on gas, phone dead, and I just wanted to get home to my kids and wife. I had to walk in the blizzard to a home that was probably half a mile away from my car. You might think that doesn't seem like much but when you have snow blowing in your face and the only thing guiding you is the light on someones house it is. While in that blizzard I finally understood why people decide to go to sleep in cold weather, don't worry I didn't give into it other wise I wouldn't be here typing this. The things that went through my mind were the thought of how the snow looked soft and how if I laid down a bit a curled up I would warm up. I didn't do any of that and finally made it to the light where I was able to call a tow and my wife. I got the car towed out and waited at a truck stop till the blizzard was done and the roads cleared. I got home and gave my wife and kids the biggest hug you could think of giving!

Well we moved into town after that incident and I started college again for website development, I have finished everything but one class which is javascript. I have lived through so much and yet only told you a portion of the things that have happend. I went from almost the bottom of the ladder to a roof over my head, a wife who I will love the rest of my life, and three kids I love to death. Yes I still have troubles with issues coming up due to the cancer and adhd but I am working around it and trying my hardest to make the most out of life. I hope my life has been helpful to you in seeing that no matter what happens in the end you can always rise above it!