Support Forums

Full Version: Living in dorms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This this the first time I ever live in a dorm. The dorm is for international students, but they allow local students live in there. Here is some problems that I'm facing. I don't speak English really well so for example when my roommate has noise bleed, the only thing I can do is ask him is he ok. So is there any tips on how to have more talking with my roommate?
Another problem is the RA ask me to help the guy next door who doesn't seems to talk to anyone. They ask me is because we both are Chinese, but I'm from HK and he's from mainland China. If you know some recant history, we threat each other badly. I talked to him before and found he has the same major as me, but his reason is getting into the major is because he is good at math. I really don't know how to help him. I'm not really social either, but I'm just forcing myself to be more social.
Are you using Google Translator for this post? If no, your English is quiet good, you can speak easily with other room mates.
Does the guy from Mainland China show anything against you? If not be friends with him, if he's against you tell the RA I wont talk with him too.
The reason my English here seems well is because I'm thinking and it's all plotted in my mind. Talk to people is different. I talked to that guy before, told him I don't speak mandorian very well and he reply me saying because I'm from HK. From his attitude, seems...
It's fine, take time to question them or talk with them, I think they'll understand your situation, try to work with the guy from China, I don't think he's bad with you as you said, he doesn't talk with anyone.

If you have any particular question feel free to ask. Smile
So I saw the China guy again. I asked him is he going to do anything, he just gobble something and close the door...
Don't let that get you down! Try and talk to him, maybe invite him over to do a fun activity, like video games, movies etc..,