Support Forums

Full Version: Friend confessed feelings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a 19-year-old male, about to be 20 in August. I haven't had sex or even a long-term relationship yet. I'd like to share something rather delicate with you all in hopes of yearning some constructive feedback.

Within my group of friends, for which we are both guys and girls, there is a girl that is a bit over 22 years old. She broke up with her boyfriend about a couple of months ago. At about the same time, we all met up for coffee and when I had gone to the washroom, apparently everyone had brought up the topic of her dating me to which I was explained she replied "He's cute but I just got out of a relationship."

When I found out about this, I was completely flattered and felt very good because she is a good-looking girl and very smart which is what attracts me most to women.

Now, the problem is that before this night had taken place, I had treated and viewed her just as I did all my girl friends in our group of friends but after finding out that she finds me good looking, I started liking her more. Having said that, I'm not sure if that means I really like her or I'm simply flattered by her compliment.
It means you are flattered by her compliment. I have a friend who had similar circumstances as you. He had never dated before but one of my friends asked him to a school dance, and because of this, he started to try and convince himself that he liked her and she liked him. Of course, the girl only wanted a date for the dance, nothing more. In the end he was hurt when he discovered that the girl had no interest in him.

Although it is true that you are just flattered by her compliment, that shouldn't keep you from developing a closer relationship with her. Perhaps you two will discover that you really like each other. Just don't move too quickly. Ubiquitous advice but applicable nonetheless.
(07-23-2012, 07:18 PM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: [ -> ]It means you are flattered by her compliment. I have a friend who had similar circumstances as you. He had never dated before but one of my friends asked him to a school dance, and because of this, he started to try and convince himself that he liked her and she liked him. Of course, the girl only wanted a date for the dance, nothing more. In the end he was hurt when he discovered that the girl had no interest in him.

Although it is true that you are just flattered by her compliment, that shouldn't keep you from developing a closer relationship with her. Perhaps you two will discover that you really like each other. Just don't move too quickly. Ubiquitous advice but applicable nonetheless.

That makes sense. I won't jump to any conclusions based on one compliment in an effort to avoid being hurt. Thanks.
It makes perfect sense. Maybe just the person. To explain:
She may like you but only time will tell & never try to rush things. Go with the flow, date her when you both are ready to.
It happened again. And I know that it's because I was flattered now.

I went out last night and one of my sister's friends told my sister that she found me good looking and then asked how old I was. I'm going to be 20 in August but my sister said I was 21. The girl said, "Ah, I'm 27, he's too young for me lol". But when my sister told me that at the end of the night, I was looking at the 27 yo with far more interest that I had before. Now I know that it's not because I liked her (or the first 23 year old from this thread's original post). Nonetheless, it really takes a toll on you when you find that out.. I mean, the girl from last night wasn't even stunning, she was just cute, and because of the compliment, it really turned me on.
You both are made for each other, she likes you, and I bet every damn penny you like her too. Try to talk to her and see if you can move forward with her.