Support Forums

Full Version: Latest MSE Hangs in Full Scan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Windows 7 Professional 64bit. I have the latest updated version of MSE 4.0.1526.0 and related files. A quick scan runs to completion. A Full Scan stops for over 10 minutes on a file( over 10 minutes I cancel/kill). The first hang was an .stl app.. Second was a .man app.. Last one was an .exe app..
Does anyone have an idea what it is going wrong? MSE stops clocking time also.
This was my first question in at Microsoft Answers. Here is URL
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/prote...8ee6787338

As you can see there were 7 pages of activities with no solution.

Any suggestions are always welcome. Thanks.
Sounds like a large file? What happens if you go to the file(s) that it hangs on and scan them manually to see if it still hangs. Do you have any other AV software that could be scanning on access at the same time?
(07-12-2012, 02:42 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a large file? What happens if you go to the file(s) that it hangs on and scan them manually to see if it still hangs. Do you have any other AV software that could be scanning on access at the same time?

The main problem file is driver.stl in CODEINTEGRITY. The file has invalid certificate trust list. It will checkout okay with MSE individually. The file is only 12.2 kb. If you check the reference, you will see a lot of effort has gone into debugging this to no avail.
Thanks

Alexa785

McAfee is one of the few names that you should consider if you wish to keep your system safe from threats like virus and Trojan. With over three decades of experience and established goodwill on its back, McAfee has become a giant in the web security market. McAfee has over 18 billion users worldwide and reasonably so because it provides efficient protection against several security threats.