Support Forums

Full Version: Depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here struggle with depression?

How do you deal with it?

I've done many Google searches on it and all I get is, "Go Work Out, Find a Hobbie." and all the sort of BS.

I have alot of emotional problems that have no solutions. I have absolutely no friends or family that I can trust. (My family is almost the same as TWBC.)

Medical help is not an option. (Don't ask why.)

Anyone know how to fix this?
My boyfriend suffers from moderate to sometimes severe depression, it also runs in my family so I am well acquainted with this awful condition. I also had to go on Prozac after being sexually abused, did I mention? So, yes; I know what you're talking about.

I think working out is, actually, a valid piece of advice. You have to remember that depression is at least partially hormonal. Physical activity raises your endorphins (happiness) and serotonin (brain's conductor of endorphines). When I was depressed, I never stopped exercising, and I do believe it helped me recover faster. It's important to put things in perspective - yes, all you want is to stay in bed, but that'll only do you worse. My bf knows to call me when he feels a 'dip' coming on, and to distract himself as well as he can.

Medication does help. My depressed mother only gets by thanks to it. They are NOT a cure - but they will give you enough strength to get through the worst days.
Just a simple question, is that you in that picture?

- Now, depression sucks, I have been through it. I use to cut, hell I use to try and kill myself. Working out does help, but it can suck luckily I play sports(Kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu) and it gets my mind off. Try to find a boy to like, or a boy to date that can distract your mind too. Ever think about writing in a journal? Journals can usually help some. Try to write stories, or even try and study for school. Things WILL get better.
(07-05-2012, 04:12 PM)Slit Wrist Savior Wrote: [ -> ]and all the sort of BS.

I have alot of emotional problems that have no solutions.

I don't want to sound too dismissive of the severity of depression that you may think you are in but I think those two statements are the problem. If you dismiss other people's solutions as BS before you attempt them then there was never any hope to begin with. If you say that your emotional problems have no solutions but then you go and ask what are the solutions to your emotional problems then I would tell you just that, there are no solutions. You must first allow the existence of solutions before you go and look for them.

I think this is something that you will appreciate: Youtube

Good luck, I hope this helped.
If you find a person you really really trust and then talk with them about your problem, I've heard that's a good way of coming out of a depression.
A very good friend of me got a depression after breaking up with his girlfriend. He cut his artery with a knife, and because his big brother called his phone and didn't get a respond, he saved his life by driving to his home and rushing in to the bathroom to stop the bleeding... I was there to talk to him about his depression, and he's almost over it (still been like 1 year now), and he smokes a lot of weed now... Guess that's a good sign?