Support Forums

Full Version: what do you Belive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok so I had a conversation with my mom, grandmother and brother about sleep paralysis,depression and schizophrenia. They said (they are Christians) that people do have weird stuff in sleep paralysis happen to them, Including demons, aliens or just seeing stuff. My grandmother told me that she has seen a demon. One taking psychology I was about to say you need a doctor lmfao Tongue. But it is weird since they are all religious to say they believe these accusations. Myself being atheist or partially not sure, thought they were all insane. Think about it,if someone was sleep and woke up but couldn't move and said they saw demons, or anything else, what would you say? Most rational thinkers would wonder. My grandmother also claims, she has suffered from sleep paralysis and seen stuff. My mother says she knows people know in the army who suffer from it. Now the weirdest part was when she told me when I was little I would wake up screaming, and for a while they didn't know why. Supposedly I saw stuff and she took me to a bishop and he prayed for me. Now those episodes are gone. But i can't remember that I was like 6. I believe it's all about what you let enter your mind. So I guess Im asking what do you believe? Lmfao im only 16 if some of you are wondering.
Are you asking for my opinion on the entire demon/screaming/aliens/weird stuff?
Yes precisely do you believe these things haunt you or even come in your sleep? Just to clarify I do believe in aliens just to much proof.
(11-07-2009, 08:43 PM)PaNiK Wrote: [ -> ]Well, a chick I was hanging out with saw the ghost of my friend's dad before we knew he was dead. She asked "Why is Joey's dad outside the window" and when we said we didn't see him, she just said "oh"

That was last night, this morning we found out that 'Joey's' dad had passed away during the night.

It kinda made me a believer.

Maybe she killed him.

Just kidding, or am I? Kind of weird, though.
lmfao maybe
[i believe this was a real ghost]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXAOz7PDul0[/yt]
I don't know. I used to suffer from sleep paralysis until I was about 7 or 8... then when I was 9 I figured out an easy way to get out of it. (I would constantly try to rock back and forth as hard I could until eventually my legs would slightly move, and then I could move eventually)

I found this on Wikipedia:
Quote:In addition, the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[11] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[7] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[12] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox (the Blackmore-Cox study) of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that reports of alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[13]

I think this is absolutely true. I ALWAYS saw extremely crazy things when I was paralyzed (which was almost every other night). I recall thinking: I've been picked up, flipped, and dropped; my bed being replaced by a giant mushroom; my window blinds floating erect and then shooting across the room and into the wall; the plants outside my window coming to life and trying to get into my room; my ceiling fan blades stretching and coming towards me; a face appearing in my ceiling and screaming; a gigantic Bionicle in my room charging at me with a spear; my toy robot dog Tekno climbing on walls; and probably more I don't remember anymore.

It was so bad that eventually I was afraid to sleep. I dreaded bed time. I would try to stay up all night and never fall asleep. And I think it's left an effect on me, because I have butterflies in my stomach just remembering this stuff... Unsure

EDIT: I just remembered how they stopped. Around when I was 10 or 11, I remember I prayed to God for about half an hour begging him to take the dreams away. (I don't know whether or not they were dreams, or whether or not this was an entirely mental thing) I didn't want to deal with being afraid of sleeping anymore, and ever since then I really haven't had any dreams. There's still occasional paralysis, and of course the normal nightmares, but I haven't had any hallucinations since then. When I was 13 I started practicing lucid dreaming, and I got pretty good until I just forgot about it. Nothing else interesting since then.
(11-07-2009, 10:13 PM)JDBar Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know. I used to suffer from sleep paralysis until I was about 7 or 8... then when I was 9 I figured out an easy way to get out of it. (I would constantly try to rock back and forth as hard I could until eventually my legs would slightly move, and then I could move eventually)

I found this on Wikipedia:
I think this is absolutely true. I ALWAYS saw extremely crazy things when I was paralyzed (which was almost every other night). I recall thinking: I've been picked up, flipped, and dropped; my bed being replaced by a giant mushroom; my window blinds floating erect and then shooting across the room and into the wall; the plants outside my window coming to life and trying to get into my room; my ceiling fan blades stretching and coming towards me; a face appearing in my ceiling and screaming; a gigantic Bionicle in my room charging at me with a spear; my toy robot dog Tekno climbing on walls; and probably more I don't remember anymore.

It was so bad that eventually I was afraid to sleep. I dreaded bed time. I would try to stay up all night and never fall asleep. And I think it's left an effect on me, because I have butterflies in my stomach just remembering this stuff... Unsure

EDIT: I just remembered how they stopped. Around when I was 10 or 11, I remember I prayed to God for about half an hour begging him to take the dreams away. (I don't know whether or not they were dreams, or whether or not this was an entirely mental thing) I didn't want to deal with being afraid of sleeping anymore, and ever since then I really haven't had any dreams. There's still occasional paralysis, and of course the normal nightmares, but I haven't had any hallucinations since then. When I was 13 I started practicing lucid dreaming, and I got pretty good until I just forgot about it. Nothing else interesting since then.

You have been through a lot. Happy you got out ok. XD
I believe that ghosts presence in this universe is truth. There are many philosophical ideas about them, also related to once religion. In some religions it is not true to believe on ghosts as they are hiden from our naked eyes, and in some it is believable.

I , believe on ghosts !
I don't believe in ghosts or the like.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5