Support Forums

Full Version: How do I make small talk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went clubbing Saturday night and found a photo ID on the floor. I Facebook'd the girl and she is coming to my place to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. I'm not interested in hooking up, just trying to do the right thing and be a good Samaritan. When she rings, how can I make it less awkward than just "Oh hey! Here's your card. Have a nice day!"
When she arrives just tell her "Here you go." If she's interested in talking to you then she'll start the conversation. You don't want to come off as a creep who steals IDs just to meet women.
Seems you already have a few things in common to break the ice.
The fact you both attended the same venue certainly has to be the starting convo?
Me personally i try to never think about what i am going to say.
I actually find it prevents me from being me and letting the words flow.

My advice would be to just wing it.
(06-17-2012, 08:54 PM)Decept ♥ Wrote: [ -> ]When she arrives just tell her "Here you go." If she's interested in talking to you then she'll start the conversation. You don't want to come off as a creep who steals IDs just to meet women.

Lol? The guy is supposed to start the talk.

Ask her if she liked the club other things relating to the night before. Then once the ice has been broken, you can talk to her on Facebook. Don't keep talking to her, after you finish the small talk and wait for her to take the second move which is either talking to you or going home. You can continue talking to her on Facebook, ask her for her number on FB.
How did it go? I assume given you posted yesterday and you stated "tomorrow" that she has been and gone?
Keep us informed Smile
(06-18-2012, 08:10 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]How did it go? I assume given you posted yesterday and you stated "tomorrow" that she has been and gone?
Keep us informed Smile

I was home watching the 2012 UEFA Euro Cup (Italy vs Ireland) and she rang my doorbell. My best friend was over and he knew about her coming over so he walked me to the door and stood in my hallway listening in on my conversation as I opened the door to her (put pressure on me lol). When I opened the door, she was there with a friend (obviously because most people wouldn't come alone, and also because she gave her a ride since the card that I was returning to her was a transportation title ID card so she had no way to travel). When I opened the door, I greeted her by asking "Hi, how are you?" to which she replied "Good good" or something like that and then I said "Did you have a hard time finding the place since you're a bit late lol" to which she replied, "Yea sort of lol" and then she mentioned that she was really thankful for me returning the card to her and I said not to worry because I can relate to how much of a pain in the ass it is to spend all day waiting in line to get another ID taken. Then we just said slowly said bye and I said take care and closed the door. I kind of which I'd have been able to ask at the very least "So, you go to name of club often just to shift the conversation in another direction but all I was thinking in my head was, if I do that, she will be like, "Oh great!" just when I thought there was a nice decent guy doing this out of mere generosity and goodness, he turns out to be wanting something in return just like them all. So I didn't, and kept it at that. Her friend hadn't said a word the entire time, but my friend said that he was watching at the window like an idiot Roflmao and he told me that both when I had opened the door and they saw me for the first time and also after I had closed the door and they were walking back to the friend's car, that they were both smirking or something. My friend says that she probably thought I was cute. Nonetheless, it went OK.
Well, you did a good thing by giving her the card back. Also, I'm glad that it went okay man. Smile