Support Forums

Full Version: House/Family/Financial Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there is a finance forum, but I feel I'd get better results here, and more serious.

My family life is terrible. I'm adopted in a family of 4, 1 mother, and 2 sisters. I don't have a stigma about being adopted, I've come to embrace the fact that my struggles have made me stronger and weaker in some areas. So I don't want any advice on that.

I want to leave, I am 20 now. I was kicked out at 18, but had to return after struggling. I've been at my familys house for 3 months now, and any benefits I recieve from being an adopted person cancel out at 21 in 3 months.

I have a part time job, going to be full time after training. It's at a fast food restaurant. I'm paid $8.50/hr with $9 after training.

I want to take out a loan of a few thousand and use that to move, because at 21 I am getting kicked out of my families house due to no benefits and my mom doesn't want to support me at all out of her pocket (I mean like water/electricity/etc. I buy my own things)

is taking a loan out and essentially running and trying to make a foothold in a new area a bad idea? My job is easily transferable and there are plenty restaurants all over the place.

I can't live here much longer, after only 3 months, I can feel the emotions take their toll on me. My house is surrounded by negativity, and it's starting to bring me down.

Advice?
This is an opportunity to make a plan. Firs thhigs first is to get things straight with the family. Then work on the financial part of the situation. The change is always difficult, but things will work out
(06-17-2012, 07:34 PM)Rwkeith Wrote: [ -> ]This is an opportunity to make a plan. Firs thhigs first is to get things straight with the family. Then work on the financial part of the situation. The change is always difficult, but things will work out

My family has talked about disowning me, because I'm not part of their family. I honestly don't believe my family situation can be fixed. But yes, it is a time to plan so that is why I put my situation up here.
Move out and go at it alone.
If you have to take out a loan, then so be it. Most of us have to at some point.
This is your time to shine mate. Life may have dealt you a shitty deck of cards.
But now you have the chance to do and be whoever you want.
Leave mate. Get your loan and enjoy being independent.
(06-17-2012, 08:43 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Move out and go at it alone.
If you have to take out a loan, then so be it. Most of us have to at some point.
This is your time to shine mate. Life may have dealt you a shitty deck of cards.
But now you have the chance to do and be whoever you want.
Leave mate. Get your loan and enjoy being independent.

You know, this isn't exactly what I was looking for, but I think this what I needed... thanks DAMINK, this opened my eyes in a way that I never actually thought of. No idea why but I feel a lot less stressed about having to decide now...
If you want help with anything, I'm available to chat on whatever & I can plan everything out good Smile

But like everyone else said, PLAN!!! Planning is essential & through this time, harden yourself to do what you want to do. Learn your true interests if you don't already know any & through that, you will be able to shoot off & be awesome Smile Good Luck!!!