Support Forums

Full Version: Money money money (long)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Got a bit of a problem with my financial situation. I know there is a finance forum here, but it's more the emotional side of my situation that I wanted advice on as I have some tough decisions to make. I'm just venting really but if anyone happens to have any suggestions then feel free to put them forward.

I work as a County Court Advocate. Although my earnings are not bad for someone just cutting their teeth in the advocacy world, there are a lot of expenses that I have to cover and I'm finding that what I earn just doesn't go far enough. In particular, I'm finding that my friends seem to keep having birthdays, weddings and stag parties and my bank account is being bled dry. I like to be sociable and see my friends but I just can't afford to keep doing this, and the uncomfortable conclusion I've reached is that I may have to just cut off from my old university friends completely as I only see them on these special occasions. They're not my only big source of expenditure by any means, but regrettably they're the only one over which I have control.

Has anyone else here had to cut old friends off like that?
How about just set a budget. If you dont have the money to buy a gift, then try finding a less expensive option. From the sound of it, it seems like your paying for the event. If that's the case then I would advise finding different friends.
Ya, do you pay for all the events??? If there's one thing that's life taught me, you need to cut it short & have a budget. Budgets as hard as they are is what in life is needed in life. Watch always where your money goes & don't be afraid to say no if in a way your handing out money. It's your money, you earned it & just maybe at least give them a card & a little of some money, don't put out money in a way of whats worth but what is really good. If that makes sense???

In a way, you make it sound like you are giving a gift of what you think the friends are worth & they sound like they mean a lot to you. Really, just give them small amounts like $10 or whatever would fit a budget & if there not happy, that's there greedy loss.