Support Forums

Full Version: Annoying neighbor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a neighbor (adult in their 40s-50s I'm guessing) that has knocked on my door a few times spread across a few weeks, the first time it was for cigs and recently it was to use my phone. However, they didn't ask for the phone once but about 3 times during the same day.

They appear to have some sort of drug or alcohol problem as well. Fortunately they have been relatively polite about it but my concern is that this will become a habit as I have a feeling that the other neighbors they've hit up told them to f**k off and since I was nice about it, they will abuse this.

I've dealt with some annoying neighbors before but usually they were people who just liked to bum off too many favors and did not have drug/mental problems (which could be a possibility for this person as well) so I just politely told them no after a while and they stopped bothering me. I already told them I don't smoke so hopefully they'll stop asking for cigs but with the phone, I'm thinking of just letting them use it one last time if they ask and then tell them that I'm really busy and can't be lending them the phone all the time as my job requires me to take calls from home.

Any other suggestions? As I didn't mind helping them this one time and maybe again in the future if it's an emergency but I don't want to become a public phone either especially if this person is involved with drugs (even the legal kind as he might be on some strong meds) and whatnot as I don't want to worry about them coming tweaked out and going apeshit on me as even in my community I've seen cases of what the outcome can be. One guy went trigger happy and another got really physically violent with someone so screw that.
It sounds to me like you already have the situation under control. Just go through with what you said about your job requiring you to use the phone and hope that they stop bothering you.
You already have a solution to your problems and your solutions are absolutely right for such problem so dont worry and omplement what eer you have mentioned in the post the same way you plan to do it and they will automatically stop botheing you Smile
Yeah thanks for the reinforcing feedback.

Just wanted to make sure it sounded reasonable.