Support Forums

Full Version: Job Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im a college student that is in the summer break stage, and during this stage i usually go back to the job i have had since high school. My job is basically selling electronics and fixing computers kinda like best buy geek squad, well last year they hired a new manager who hired some new techs. My friend and I have had many years under our belts and the place has been running fine; customers love us they come back know us and trust us. Well the new manager has no experience with computers, and the two kids he hired are kids who worked on their own computers and think they know tech (these kids think they are god when it comes to computers and they know everything.)

Well recently they have been fing up all the tech work by when a job comes in they make it worse for example a network adapter will not be recognized so they will end up just doing a system restore. Then latter the customer will come in all pissed that the tech didn't do the job right and that something new is wrong.

Not only do they screw everything up they tell the customer to come in on my shift to pick the stuff up or when they break somthing they just dont tell anyone and leave it there for days on end.

Another thing they do is lie like crazy to customers the most notrious is telling them they have a virus so the get the money for fixing it, while in reality the customer doesn't.

Now i try to avoid doing tech and more so help the customers with buying new computers, but latley the tech has been backing up so much due to computers coming back to get fixed and my boss is annyoing me telling me to fix them and having me fix them while doing my other job and this other kid who is a tech just stands around and does nothing, one day he was playing solitare on a customer computer for hours.

I debating whether to quite (even tho i need money for college) or just stick it out and go against my beliefs. I need the money but don't feel right, the way these guys get it and what they are doing.
You should let the company know, not your managers, go to the head department itself and talk to them. That is illegal I am fairly sure.
Simple mate. Tell your boss your not going to be responsible for the mistakes his "tech" guys make anymore.
Let him see the errors they make. Perhaps he is blinded to the obvious and needs to be shown the light.