Support Forums

Full Version: My Girlfriend is pregnant! Please help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I'll try to keep this short but give as much information as possible.

I'm 18, and my girlfriend is 17. And..she's pregnant! I just found out about an hour ago, she took a test. She's 4 weeks and 6 days. I'm almost positive she is, it was a simple urine test. There was one defined line and a faint line crossing through it. I'd like her to take more though to confirm it, but I'm almost positive she is.

So here's the issue. I don't know what to do. At all. Her parents, as well as mine, would be very disappointed at the two of us. As well as all of he older brothers. And our church. Basically everyone. What we did was morally wrong (at least in their eyes) and it's not acceptable. So for now, I really want to hold off on telling them for as long as possible. I realize it is needed, but it's not something either of us want to do.

I need to know what to do. What does she need to do, physically? What foods should she eat, what should she avoid..etc. Neither of us know anything of what to do. At all.

This really wasn't planned. Please don't post here telling me it was stupid to do, she's pregnant, and there's no changing that. Abortion is not an option, at all. As for adoption, I would like to avoid that as much as possible. I would really like to keep the child.

I really have no money. I'm supposed to go to college in September. A church school, so if she's pregnant my application will get revoked.

I need advise mainly for her, as well as me. Please.

Thank you.
Congratulations first off.
Second. These tests are not 100% but they are pretty accurate. (normally 2 straight pink lines not crossed)
You will need to go see a doctor next to have your partner checked over.
Determine if she is infant pregnant and then if so to begin the process i guess.

At some point her family and yours will need to be notified.
There is no point holding out on this mate. When you do tell them they will be able to work back to when she became pregnant.
Ultimately knowing how long it took you guys to tell them.

First step. The doctors.
Second step is to tell the family.
Are you serious you want to keep the child? I mean you're 18 you're not even working and go to college.

Let's take a Worst case scenario.
You tell your parents about this, and if they don't agree and kick you out of the house, what will you do? You wont be making enough money to feed your wife and child.

She's just 17 man, if better abort the child.
You should read up on some baby book's and do the right thing's, I am very happy for you.

I hope you are a great father and follow everything the doctor's say, congrat's again man.
(06-03-2012, 11:37 PM)Kewlz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you serious you want to keep the child? I mean you're 18 you're not even working and go to college.

Let's take a Worst case scenario.
You tell your parents about this, and if they don't agree and kick you out of the house, what will you do? You wont be making enough money to feed your wife and child.

She's just 17 man, if better abort the child.
There is no chance I'd abort the child. Not only is abortion wrong and sick, but I made the choice to have sex with her. And I'm going to face the consequences as well.
First of all congats and I am happy that u have the guts to face reality and its consequences but you should tell your parents aabout it once you have taken her to the doctor and made it doubly sure...
Like Damink mentioned above..
1st step go to the doctor and 2nd step tell your parents about it..

Wish you luck in life Smile
I don't think it would be a smart decision to keep the child.

You haven't even experienced life yet and you'll be carrying a burden around for the rest of your life.

Just my thoughts.
Well. My hearty congratulations to you on becoming a dad at this small age. And yeah ! You'll have to inform your parents. You've got nothing else to do. You don't even have a job. You aren't married. But you have your child growing in her. -.-
Congratulations, OP.

Your girlfriend is going to be going through some pretty weird changes, so just try to stick with her. She's going to be hard to be around sometimes. Hormones do that. She's going to be irritable, she's going to eat weird things and she's probably going to be depressed. Encourage her to exercise and eat well. Make sure she doesn't have any caffeine, alcohol, raw meat, or smoked seafood.

You should consider adoption, and talk it over. If you both agree that you want to keep the child, you need to start saving money and planning for the baby.

If you need any advice about pregnancy or child care, PM me. I'm a nanny.

Edit: Just realized you're an adult and she's not. Legally, she's got you by the balls. If her family decides to get you in trouble, they can. Be careful from here.
Don't abort, that would not be ethical. Interesting scenario. You will have to work really, and I mean really hard to keep your family up and invest the majority of the time to your little boy/girl. Instead of your hobbies, spare time, forget about it. It's a life changer and hopefully you will get used to it, simply go with the flow and try your best.

Regards